This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962731 by DoomWolf
30 Oct 2023, 22:03
Bluebear wrote:Hi,
I am glad that you are all sorted but am I missing something? I thought that if your flight was cancelled then the airline has to book you on an alternative. Whether it was a reward seat originally or CC voucher surely that becomes irrelevant. If there are cash seat alternatives then the airline has to provide them. They are not just looking for reward availability. Is this not the case?

I'll admit I have no idea of VIrgin's legal obligations in this case. I did try and do a search, but most results only referenced flights cancelled near to departure and the relevant compensation levels. It's only after reading your post that I found this link to to the CAA that suggests you're probably correct. https://www.caa.co.uk/passengers/resolv ... ellations/

I was only going on what I was told over the phone by their agents. I even asked if replacement flights had to have rewward availability and was told yes. If that turns out not to be the case, I'm actually going to be more than a bit annoyed as I wasted a weekend sorting out replacement flights that have cost us £200 more for a lower cabin class. If so, a complaint to VS may be in order.
#962806 by DoomWolf
20 Nov 2023, 16:21
I am not happy with VS right now as it's more than three weeks since they processed my cancellation and I still haven't received the refund. I've just spoken to them (again) after they promised it would be last week and now it'll be "within the next 72 hours". I bought my replacement AA flights on the same credit card, with the intention of the refund almost covering the cost, and now that bill is due in three days meaning a much larger payment to cover it.