This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#961321 by EstelleB
16 Apr 2023, 12:14
Asking for my son! We are travelling from LHR T3 (UC) for the first time and going to an AI in Jamaica which is quite remote so not easy to access shops (we've been there before).

My autistic son loves his sugar free Monster and they don't serve any energy drinks at the resort, we could pack some in his suitcase but not sure that I want to arrive to find that one has exploded!

My question therefore is can anyone remember if any shops sell sugar free Monster beyond security at T3? I'm certain that there will be energy drinks on sale, but he'll only drink the sugar free stuff which they may not have! Would also appreciate if anyone is travelling soon if they could check? Many thanks in advance.
#961322 by mikethe3rd
16 Apr 2023, 14:01
When do you fly?

I’m going around T5 on Thursday to try and find diet lemonade, so I’ll keep an eye out. I’d imagine the stock in the likes of Boots/Smiths is the same between terminals.
#961325 by Lindsk
16 Apr 2023, 17:36
We go mid May from T3 so I’ll also check and post here (added it to my diary).
#961326 by tontybear
16 Apr 2023, 19:07
It's actually quite a sensible question. I've seen many ridiculous questions but this isn't one of them!

If Boots sell it then you may be able order on line and have it delivered to their airside store. Try a dummy booking. The delivery times will be extended because of airport security but it's more a case of ordering in advance.

Smiths don't allow airside delivery but if they sell it you could try contacting the airside store to see if they have it and are they able to reserve you some stock for collection.

Another alternative could be to try an order via amazon and have it delivered to your accommodation.

As to exploding cans in bagagge I use zip lock bags or even tie-up-able sandwich bags for things like toiletries to help contain any spills. I get a variety of sizes from pound land.
#961327 by gopher99
16 Apr 2023, 21:29
Hi,
I am travelling 8th May from terminal 3 so if no one has answered before then I will find out, secondly I travel every month to Brazil and take ciders with me as they don’t sell them out there. Yes I do get some funny looks from Brazilian customs when I have to explain what they are if I get stopped. Just search on eBay or Amazon for the below, I have never had any ciders blow up or burst when they have been packed inside the bubble bags.

Inflatable Air Packaging Wine Bottle Protector Bubble Wrap Bags with Air Pump
#961329 by EstelleB
17 Apr 2023, 10:44
Thanks everyone, this is really appreciated.

I never knew that you could do click and collect to the Boots at the airport, this would also be a game changer when we only travel with carry-on and buy our toiletries at the airport!

For everyone offering to check, really appreciated thanks.

The cheapest option by far is to put some in our checked luggage, but besides the danger of spillage, we are probably travelling down from Cheshire on the train so was trying to avoid any unnecessary weight!
#961330 by jilly
17 Apr 2023, 12:10
Just come through T3 and sat in the Clubhouse. WH Smiths had the drinks you need, 3 or 4 different flavours in sugar free (watermelon, ultra, ultra paradise and ultra black) in the fridge, back left of the store.
#961357 by EstelleB
20 Apr 2023, 14:38
That's fantastic, thanks so much for checking for me - he has said he may pack a few in his suitcase then buy a few more at the airport. I tried to persuade him to use those powdered sachets instead but I got a look like I'd gone mad!

Thanks again
#961411 by EstelleB
28 Apr 2023, 12:01
Thank you, yes. It is also useful to know that they cost 2.59-2.79 when I can get 4 for £4 on offer in Tesco! Definitely packing a few I think and will get those bubble bags that were recommended.
Virgin Atlantic