This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963185 by matt.hibb
22 Jan 2024, 13:46
Heading MAN-JFK-YYZ soon and have a long layover in JFK.

Not sure I've connected through JFK before and definitely not internationally.

I'm on an upper class I fare (also VS gold) and looking for advice on which lounge I can use. Is the clubhouse possible?
#963186 by mitchja
22 Jan 2024, 13:53
I presume the JFK>YYZ leg is on DL?

If so you will be arriving and departing from T4 at JFK so your options will be either of the DL SkyClubs; the old one which is at the B gates end of T4 near gate 31 or the new one; which is at the A gates end of T4 near gate A8, close to the VS Clubhouse. The old one has showers and the outdoor SkyDeck, the new one has neither. Use them both if you need to kill some time :cool:

You could always ask at the VS Clubhouse as well as the *may* let you in, though access to the JFK Clubhouse is now much more restrictive than it used to be, especially during the Priority Pass operating hours window which is 08:00 - 13:30 every day. After 13:30 you may have more luck when it goes back to being for VS departures.
#963195 by territt
23 Jan 2024, 15:50
mitchja wrote:The old one has showers and the outdoor SkyDeck, the new one has neither. Use them both if you need to kill some time :cool:

Are you 100% sure on this? As I am sure when I went to the new one by the Virgin lounge it had a SkyDeck by the bar?
#963196 by mitchja
23 Jan 2024, 17:51
territt wrote:
mitchja wrote:The old one has showers and the outdoor SkyDeck, the new one has neither. Use them both if you need to kill some time :cool:

Are you 100% sure on this? As I am sure when I went to the new one by the Virgin lounge it had a SkyDeck by the bar?

Sorry, I was just going off what DL publish on their website here for JFK. The SkyDeck is only listed on the B gates SkyClub.
#963201 by matt.hibb
25 Jan 2024, 15:48
Clubhouse access was granted without issue. They wanted to see my boarding pass from the flight I arrived on and the connecting flight.

Not sure if I got in on account of an upper fare or gold or both.
Virgin Atlantic