This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963230 by Rabbit
28 Jan 2024, 12:31
Hi all,

I am severely rusty with all things Virgin cc voucher since covid times. Can someone help me with some questions please? I have a bunch of vouchers that I am pretty sure I'm not going to be able to use so I'd like to use one of my vouchers to upgrade a flight for my mum. She has her own points stash.

1) can I use my upgrade voucher to upgrade someone else?
2) if yes, what is the best way to do this? Can her account be linked with mine so the points are taken from hers and my voucher is applied? Or is there another route? Who needs to make the call to fc?

Thanks in advance for your advice :cool:
#963231 by CommanderB
28 Jan 2024, 13:45
You can gift the vouchers to someone else, so it’s easiest to do that and then she use it as her own.

Of course if you’re authorised on her account you could also do it all for her to make it easier.
#963232 by Rabbit
28 Jan 2024, 18:22
Thanks for your reply. I had no idea you could gift the voucher. Seems like that might be the easiest option. I assume I'll have to call FC first to gift the voucher to her and then she can book when she's ready?
#963236 by Rabbit
29 Jan 2024, 14:49
Thanks you've been super helpful. Just one final question, if I was to use my own points (she doesn't have enough) then can I can call myself, but use my points and voucher for a booking for my mum?
#963237 by CommanderB
29 Jan 2024, 15:34
She can use your points if she is authorised on your account. The easiest way to do this (probably)…

Gift the voucher to her.
Get yourself authorised on her account.
Make the booking using the voucher.
Ask the agent to use the points from your account (which of course you can authorise then and there).

If you feel the phone agent is struggling with this, split it into multiple parts across different agents. But if you get someone competent you should be totally fine.
#963238 by Bluebear
29 Jan 2024, 16:23
Just as a note you now have to be at least silver status to gift CC Vouchers.
Many agents are now sticklers for this and following process. Previously if you were on the same flight and a red FC member you could use your vouchers to upgade another passenger in your group but now most agents are reluctant to do that. Hopefully you are Silver or Gold and can gift your vouchers.
#963240 by Rabbit
29 Jan 2024, 17:44
Thank you both. I spoke to FC agent earlier to ask about the gifting question and she said I could gift (I am a lowly red member).

When I asked about the points situation she said I could transfer some of my points to mum online for no fee - I doubt the no fee part is true because when I checked the website after the call it said there is a flat £10 to transfer (which is fine with me).

Now hoping I can get the next agent I speak to move the voucher over as it seems some might despite me being a red member
#963554 by Backs999
15 Mar 2024, 11:01
I literally had spent around 4 hours in a chat with various agents to get something similar to this booked and apart from a multitude of different opinions I never managed to get the voucher gifted and used by my wife.

In the end went with premium points seats and upgrades to upper.

I feel for the agents as one was saying it is a 3 week training course for them to understand the rules ...
Virgin Atlantic