This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963526 by datickner
10 Mar 2024, 14:39
Hi all

We are flying Upper Class on the 787 shortly and was wondering what the best seats would be for 2 adults and 2 kids please? Kids are aged 2 and 7.

The seat map shows row A seats 8,9,10,11 available.

Or rows G and K are available seats 8G,9G or K 8 to 11.

I was wondering if people thought it would be best to have 4 seats on same row (A) and have no one to bother opposite us, or do 2 facing another 2 in row G/K? So maybe G7, G8 and K8, K9?

Also conscious of being too close to the bar but it's a night flight so hoping just to have dinner and get some sleep.

Interested to know people's thoughts. Better to be opposite each other or on same row?

Thank you
#963529 by Fordie
10 Mar 2024, 16:51
I personally prefer row A as you’re not facing someone just the back of the chairs.
I booked 10-11a outbound to vegas and the bar was a bit more nosy than usual but flying home I got 1&2a and just slept being a night flight but I prefer that row regardless.
#963530 by CommanderB
10 Mar 2024, 17:23
In your position I’d take 8/9/10/11A. Perfect for you I’d say.

Added bonus of being off the aircraft first at your destination too.
#963564 by Hev60
16 Mar 2024, 00:30
datickner wrote:Hi all

We are flying Upper Class on the 787 shortly and was wondering what the best seats would be for 2 adults and 2 kids please? Kids are aged 2 and 7.

The seat map shows row A seats 8,9,10,11 available.

Or rows G and K are available seats 8G,9G or K 8 to 11.

I was wondering if people thought it would be best to have 4 seats on same row (A) and have no one to bother opposite us, or do 2 facing another 2 in row G/K? So maybe G7, G8 and K8, K9?

Also conscious of being too close to the bar but it's a night flight so hoping just to have dinner and get some sleep.

Interested to know people's thoughts. Better to be opposite each other or on same row?

Thank you

Hi datickner,

Replying to your request about the best seats for your family, I would actually say imho those seats in Row A numbers 8 9 10 & 11 are absolutely awful.

On Tuesday I flew out to SFO on the 787. Our seats were 8 & 9 RowK.
I would always prefer Row A as you have no-one staring at you, which is not a great UC experience!

However as a family with young kids. I would actually say go for seats in rows G & K, so each adult face one child. Look at the seat map for the 787.

My seat 8K was clearly visible to the occupant in 7G. My travel partner was in 9K and faced 8G.

In row A, the seat 11 is next to the toilet and opposite the bar. Seat 10 is also opposite the bar.
Personally I feel these are the two of the worst UC seats on that aircraft, with seats in Row K 10 & 11 for the same reason.

For the entire length of my flight a large group of people congregated around the bar area on both sides.
At one stage a cabin crew member asked some of them to sit down. I know the occupant of seat A10 complained about the disruptive noise. Alcohol seemed to raise vocal cord levels. ;-)

Obviously it’s your choice but don’t sit your family in a long line on Row A if you can avoid it. Hev
Virgin Atlantic