This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#961843 by mjb
27 Jun 2023, 16:12
I’m currently in the process of booking reward flights - I’ve got 3 CC vouchers on my account but they all expire before the date of my travel next year. I’m due to get another in the next month or two.

Can I add the new voucher onto my booking retrospectively and get a refund for the miles?

And what are the chances of being able to use one of the other vouchers that will have expired before my outbound leg? Does it depend on how nice the agent is feeling at the time?
#961844 by Chinafish
27 Jun 2023, 16:18
I am due to travel in a few weeks in July 2023.

I had a voucher that expired April 2023.

I made the booking in Feb 2023. The agent told me that I had various vouchers with various expiry dates. I thought according to the rules I wouldn't be able to use the voucher, but the agent said "the system is letting me use it so I'm going ahead with it!"

I hope I won't be denied boarding!

My point is, that you may well be able to use a voucher that is valid now but would have expired by the time you fly (which is against the rules).

(I hope nobody from Virgin IT is reading this thread)
#961845 by CommanderB
27 Jun 2023, 16:55
Chinafish wrote:I am due to travel in a few weeks in July 2023.

I had a voucher that expired April 2023.

I made the booking in Feb 2023. The agent told me that I had various vouchers with various expiry dates. I thought according to the rules I wouldn't be able to use the voucher, but the agent said "the system is letting me use it so I'm going ahead with it!"

I hope I won't be denied boarding!

My point is, that you may well be able to use a voucher that is valid now but would have expired by the time you fly (which is against the rules).

(I hope nobody from Virgin IT is reading this thread)

I had a similar experience. It got ticketed and nobody batted an eyelid.

The backend of VS ticketing is so clunky that even their own staff have trouble deciphering how it all works. When you use vouchers like this, points, upgrades, different fare buckets etc it becomes extremely difficult for them to verify what was done and why after it's been ticketed. The audit trail just isn't there from what I can tell. Unless you walk them through it in great detail, it's kind of a black box for some things.

Once the ticket reaches the ticketing team, if it gets past them and is not bumped back - you're probably fine.
#961846 by Kraken
27 Jun 2023, 22:34
Totally agree that as long as you get the e-ticket with a 932 ticket number on it, you are flying - as long as everything is good with your payment method.