This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#961874 by Ascot_Ed
02 Jul 2023, 11:33
I have booked reward flights on Air France in Business for February. AF now require you to pay for seat selection in business and I wondered if Elite Plus status allows free seat selection for VA gold passengers?

Are other Skyteam members now set up to award miles, TP and benefits to virgin members or is that still a work in progress? From a small sample of trial bookings I find that some ST airlines (excl Delta and AF) don't list VA as a partner frequent flyer programme.

TIA
#961877 by mitchja
02 Jul 2023, 11:51
It doesn't look like it sorry as from the AF website:

Complimentary Standard, Premium and Business seat selection
No matter your destination, a Standard seat in the Economy cabin, a Premium seat in the Premium Economy cabin, and a Business seat in the Business cabin is free:

Flying Blue Silver, Gold and Platinum members and their travel companions if they appear on the same booking
passengers with reduced mobility
children traveling alone
passengers traveling on a Flex fare*

For travel to and from the United States, a Standard seat selection is also free of charge for passengers traveling with:

a Standard fare ticket for a trip from France or the Netherlands to the United States, Canada and Mexico, or between France and Papeete
a Standard fare ticket for a trip from the Netherlands to the United States, Canada or Mexico**
a Standard fare ticket for a trip from the United States, Canada and Mexico to Europe
* If this service is not free of charge during booking, please select your seat in the My Bookings section of the website.
** The service is free of charge only for transatlantic flights.

The only thing mentioned dis AF Flying Blue Silver, Gold or Platinum with no mention of SkyTeam Elite Plus.
#961884 by PeterStansfield
03 Jul 2023, 15:46
We went on a tour around Argentina in April.
When I came to checkin (with Argentinas Aerolineas) there was a drop down box for FF Numbers.
It had all of the Skyteam members EXCEPT VS

I tried to do this at the airport. But Argentinas Aerolineas has either not heard of Virgin(!) or said 'they left Skyteam 2 years ago..'

I tried to sort this out in the UK, staring mid April. Three months on, they've offered a meager amount of miles to myself for only two of the flights, (and not my wife) and have included no Gold bonus (which the Virgin site says apply)

I've got to the point of threatening to take out a money claim online for the value of the miles we're entitled to and haven't had. That should be interesting!

Peter