This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963623 by EstelleB
26 Mar 2024, 12:39
Last week I discovered that Virgin have, for the second time now, moved the time of our outbound Summer flights with no notification or email. Both times they were within the limit to not allow a free change, and tbh the latest one has moved the flights back to a better time, so not complaining about the change per se, but why no notice? If I hadn't logged on to check something else I may not have seen this time change for a good while yet!
#963628 by Razorback
26 Mar 2024, 14:36
In my experience it is very hit and miss. Sometimes you get a notification, often not.

I saw at the weekend that one of our Delta connecting flights in the summer has changed. The aircraft has changed and we appear to have been moved to a later flight.

Not had a flight change notification from VS (or Delta) yet though.

I have alerts set up on Expert Flyer and check the VS website frequently to try and keep up.
#963649 by EstelleB
Yesterday, 12:02
Thanks folks - we've had emails in the past, just not this time!

It still doesn't beat the appalling service we had once from Southwest for an internal US flight - got to the airport to discover that our flight was cancelled and we'd been moved to one 12 hours later! When we queried it we were told that our flight had been cancelled 'several days ago' but we'd had no notification and it was still showing in their app!
Virgin Atlantic