This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#963759 by mitchja
14 Apr 2024, 16:31
Flying LHR>JFK next week and here is the latest Upper Class menu:

Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 16.19.31.png
Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 16.19.31.png (420.83 KiB) Viewed 756 times

More Details

Truffle Butter Breaded Chicken - with hasselback potatoes, wilted greens, baby carrots and parsley sauce
Pan Seared Sea Bream - with a brown butter sauce, mushroom duxelles potato purée and broccolini
Rainbow Banh Mi Rice Salad Bowl (ve) - with warm teriyaki tofu (ve)
Spiced Chicken (halal) - with jerk ketchup, jollof rice, fried plantain and coriander oil (halal)
Butter Chicken - with coriander rice, garlic fried okra and mini naans
Roasted Red Pepper Soup (v) (EXPRESS) - with west country cheddar and sundried tomato toastie (v)
*Wild Boar and Apple Sausages - with sherry jus, warm summer salad and spring onion mashed potato
*Miso Glazed Cauliflower (v) - with cavolo nero, tabouleh, crispy onions and a herb yoghurt dressing (v)
*Herb Roasted Salmon Caesar Salad - with boiled eggs and crispy croutons
*Truffle Macaroni Cheese (v) - with wild mushrooms, shaved italian cheese, crispy capers and garlic crumb (v)

*only available if you pre-order.

(there's usually fewer options when flying from MAN)

The pre-select / pre-order webpage is https://preselect.virginatlantic.com/gb/index.html
#963762 by mitchja
14 Apr 2024, 17:23
On board will be the same and excludes those 4 pre-order exclusive options.

There’s the afternoon snack service as well but that can’t be pre-ordered.

I've added the pre-order website link as well. Pre-order menus can be selected from 7 days before departure.
#963763 by buns
14 Apr 2024, 17:25
Thanks for this James - as Mrs B said to me ""You can rely on James" :)

From a personal perspective, the absence of simple, plain food in this menu cycle once again does make you wonder what planet Crawley Towers are actually on :-(

I also wonder if they have done anything to address the merge portion sizes of the last cycle.

Thanks once again

Buns
#963772 by jilly
Yesterday, 12:21
Have a good flight James. Be interesting to see what some of these dishes look like, we fly to MCO this week. Can usually rely on you to fly a few days before to see the new menu with pics. :D - either we're a bit earlier or you're later.

Noticed that the early Heathrow to Orlando flight has a different menu with Brunch instead of lunch, TBH that looks much more appealing and sounds like a good idea.

I've ordered the Salmon and my husband has ordered the Truffle chicken, hopefully it'll taste better than it sounds but sure we'll find plenty of options in the Clubhouse beforehand anyway.

Jilly
#963773 by Razorback
Yesterday, 12:47
EstelleB wrote: hope that these aren't the options that we get flying out of MAN in the Summer!

I suspect that MAN will get a small subset of these options, maybe the truffle butter chicken, bream and rainbow rice with a couple of the pre-order options if we are lucky!
#963774 by 15isto2
Yesterday, 15:26
Razorback wrote:
EstelleB wrote: hope that these aren't the options that we get flying out of MAN in the Summer!

I suspect that MAN will get a small subset of these options, maybe the truffle butter chicken, bream and rainbow rice with a couple of the pre-order options if we are lucky!

I suppose if you dont like the options you can always eat in the clubhouse before the flight :-(
Virgin Atlantic