Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#962420 by 15isto2
19 Sep 2023, 18:09
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
First time flying Virgin in nearly 5 years thanks go COVID etc.

Stayed the night before in Radisson Blu club level and availed myself of the lounge the night before so was slightly the worse for ware :blush: Was quite surprised at one point when a gentleman wearing only his complementary slippers and bath robe popped in, I know lounges are casual but that was taking it a bit far!

Check in was fairly quick and due to a small que at UC I was checked in by one of the PE agents. All sorted and relatively quickly through the security checks and towards the lounge.
Check in at the lounge was a little slow and not helped by several passengers who did not think they needed to wait in line and just jumped the que with nothing being done or said by the lounge staff. Once in the lounge found a seat easily (was a bit worried about this due to previous reports). 1st impression was not great as I was greeted by a large out of order sign on the coffee machine but I did manage to find another one (well hidden) later. Had some breakfast which was reasonable (bacon was cremated though). I did try to use the wifi but you need to ask the staff for the password and it was ridiculously complicated and I could not get it to work despite asking 2 staff members.

Boarding called as after a yomp across most of Manchester airport I finally arrived at the gate. Greeted warmly by the crew and seated. Usual boarding drinks and crisps offered and accepted and a smooth take off. Channelling my inner teenager I held out form a whole 19 minutes before purchasing the in flight wifi which gave remarkably good speeds.
After take off brinks offered and I tried the ruby sipper which was OK but not amazing, food orders taken ( I had pre ordered the cod) I had the Waldorf salad which was very good. Cod was interesting, I am glad I tried it but would not rush to have it again. Crumble for desert was very palatable and finished off with the cheese and port.
Post lunch I converted the seat to bed mode and manged some sleep, missed out on the ice-cream. Refreshed after lunch and a snooze afternoon tea was served, I had the Indian snacks which were OK and since it would be rude not to also had the scones which were very average.

Laned on time and thanks to global entry very quickly through immigration and then had quite a wait to get my bags but still managed to clear customs just ahead of the cabin crew. Leaving customs then faced a que to get upstairs for the internal tram to the main atrium and a very shouty staff member trying to organise this. Once in the main terminal a short walk to mears for the bus to Disney.

Overall a very enjoyable experience.
I do have food pics that I will upload if I can work out how.