This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962619 by spacedog
19 Oct 2023, 08:36
If you saw an earlier post from me I went on a TP run to Stuttgart as my AU was about to expire. Frustratingly, one of the legs wasn't valid, so at the beginning of September I reverted to Ag with 0 TP as I missed renewal by a measly 40 TP. Earlier this month we flew to JFK and back for work, I outbound, Z inbound. I logged in to my account yesterday and although the miles for the outbound have posted to me account, I got 0 TP. I think I should have received 200. I was about to call FC when I realised my account is Au again. I'm not sure what happened, but I'll take it :)
#962623 by mitchja
19 Oct 2023, 10:48
It's short for gold or silver as It's from the periodic table of elements where:

Au is the chemical symbol for Gold
Ag is the chemical symbol for Silver
#962624 by mitchja
19 Oct 2023, 11:22
Since the pandemic, FC AU membership cycles seem to have got a bit messed up. Last year my membership year failed to reset at the end of September. It actually reset a month later after I next flew and that flight was credited to my FC account i.e. in what should have been the first month of my next AU membership cycle, however, that late reset meant I lost those TP's from that return flight. After speaking to Flying Club they manually adjusted my membership cycle to what it should have been which in turn also re-credited the missing TP's.

I kept an eye on my membership cycle this year and it did reset correctly at the end of September as it should have done and the TP's from my recent flight last/this week are also crediting to my account correctly so far (just waiting for the final ATL>MAN leg to credit now)
#962631 by RyanJW
20 Oct 2023, 19:44
I think that happened to me last year as my membership year is now in Jan and I never remember it being that late.

I had a load of tier points from last year that I think could have rolled over into this year to maintain AU status.

Is it worth a call to Flying Club?
#962632 by mitchja
21 Oct 2023, 09:34
I would call them, yes. Your membership end date should not change. What used to confuse things was the expiry date printed on membership cards was always an extra month, now those are gone it should be a bit more straight forward.

I *think* this issue stems from when VS were manually adding on those couple of extra 6 month status extensions.
Virgin Atlantic