For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#965998 by hunterdwmgzt
15 Sep 2022, 09:39
Hi,
I wonder if anybody who’s recently been to Barbados can confirm entry requirements. According to an Email from Virgin we have to download an app (BIMSafe) then complete entry forms in the app. Then we need to wear a wristband while in Barbados which communicates with the app?
Is this correct or am I mis-understanding?
Thanks
D.
#966001 by tontybear
15 Sep 2022, 13:45
Traveller2 wrote:This sounds very odd to me.

Not everyone will have a device that supports the app, so how can this work?

https://bimsafe.gov.bb/

What if I do not have a smart phone/device?

Low-cost smart phones with the BIMSafe App preinstalled will be available for purchase should you not have a device or not wish to use your own device.
#966003 by JohnF
15 Sep 2022, 15:38
Take a look at the Barbados forum on Trip Advisor - so much information by regular visitors to Barbados. I think you will find you can either complete the BinSafe before you go or complete similar form on arrival. Proof of vax is required and mask wearing indoors is a requirement but do check this out
#966004 by mitchja
15 Sep 2022, 15:49
Th official entry requirements (which are changing on a regular basis) can also be found here on the Visit Barbados tourism website.
#966009 by VS075
16 Sep 2022, 08:49
I went to Barbados in June. You have to fill in a landing form online and then you download the BIMSafe app to your phone where you can link your landing card to the app using the code the form produces on completion. The landing form can be completed 72hrs before and can be found here: travelform.gov.bb

You can also download and save the form to your phone. Alternatively, you can print it off. The BIMSafe App is needed to upload your vaccination status.

Don't forget that you will need to show evidence of vaccination if you have had the COVID vaccine. This will definitely be required to be shown when you arrive at BGI and don't be surprised if the check-in staff here ask to see both your landing form and proof of vaccination status. If you are not vaccinated, a different process will be required on arrival.

As James says, the requirements change regularly, including what to do regarding your vaccination status, so do check regularly and again just before you complete the landing form. I suggest downloading the NHS App to your phone if you haven't done so already and/or request a paper copy of your vaccination status from the NHS. From the NHS App, you can then download the proof of vaccination status.

As for the wristband, if you're vaccinated you no longer have to wear a wristband. They were issued earlier on when you couldn't leave your hotel after arrival until you had received a negative test result back. However, for vaccinated travellers they have scrapped wristbands and both the pre-arrival test you needed to do prior to travel and the test on arrival. It could be different for non-vaccinated travellers, so again check the website regularly if you're not vaccinated.

Hope this helps.
#966010 by VS075
16 Sep 2022, 08:52
JohnF wrote:Take a look at the Barbados forum on Trip Advisor - so much information by regular visitors to Barbados. I think you will find you can either complete the BinSafe before you go or complete similar form on arrival. Proof of vax is required and mask wearing indoors is a requirement but do check this out

I recall seeing PC terminals in the arrivals hall before you got to the immigration desks. I can't remember if it was for those that hadn't downloaded the BIMSafe App or hadn't completed a landing form.
#966011 by hunterdwmgzt
16 Sep 2022, 10:52
VS075 wrote:I went to Barbados in June. You have to fill in a landing form online and then you download the BIMSafe app to your phone where you can link your landing card to the app using the code the form produces on completion. The landing form can be completed 72hrs before and can be found here: travelform.gov.bb

You can also download and save the form to your phone. Alternatively, you can print it off. The BIMSafe App is needed to upload your vaccination status.

Don't forget that you will need to show evidence of vaccination if you have had the COVID vaccine. This will definitely be required to be shown when you arrive at BGI and don't be surprised if the check-in staff here ask to see both your landing form and proof of vaccination status. If you are not vaccinated, a different process will be required on arrival.

As James says, the requirements change regularly, including what to do regarding your vaccination status, so do check regularly and again just before you complete the landing form. I suggest downloading the NHS App to your phone if you haven't done so already and/or request a paper copy of your vaccination status from the NHS. From the NHS App, you can then download the proof of vaccination status.

As for the wristband, if you're vaccinated you no longer have to wear a wristband. They were issued earlier on when you couldn't leave your hotel after arrival until you had received a negative test result back. However, for vaccinated travellers they have scrapped wristbands and both the pre-arrival test you needed to do prior to travel and the test on arrival. It could be different for non-vaccinated travellers, so again check the website regularly if you're not vaccinated.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks all.
So it looks like the wristbands are no longer a requirement. So to summarise we need to:
- install BIMSafe app and upload proof of vaccination doc
- fill in landing form online 72 hours before
- link to the app with code

Then we’re good to go :cool:
#966014 by VS075
16 Sep 2022, 13:59
Pretty much. I can't remember if BIMSafe will only let you upload your vaccination status once you fill in your landing form, but either way it's best to least download the app in the meantime and to have your vaccination statuses downloaded ready for upload. And as always, if you can I'd take paper documents as backup.

It's slightly misleading, let alone out of date, on the VS website, but it's a fairly simple process once you've done it.

I also forgot to mention that only one of your party needs to download the BIMSafe app as you can them link the landing form details and proof of vaccination status all from one.

Have a great time! :D
#966017 by JohnF
16 Sep 2022, 15:55
I would definitely recommend taking paper version. When we went earlier this year we took paper as well as on phone. We sailed through security by showing the papers (Vaccine proof etc) whereas we saw a queue developing of people switching on their phones and accessing the app
Virgin Atlantic