For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#947863 by joeyc
03 Jan 2019, 04:12
First up it’s no clubhouse. I still miss the HKG CH and when we walked passed its ghostly remains earlier I did snap a photo and shed a tear.

Awaiting our now delayed CX flight up to PVG, not a bad space although their seating options do leave something to be desired. There are maybe four comfy lounge chairs in the entire lounge, the rest of the seating is designed to keep people seated upright to eat, work etc.. fair enough, I guess that does describe the needs of most of the clientele in here.

Food options are currently a mix of local and English breakfast offerings with a nice ice cream fridge too. The bar is impressive, fully stocked and there is someone currently camping in one of the bar stools slurring to anyone that walks passed that he’s been here since 0500.. it’s just gone 1100.. ha ha ha. Good going.

Two meeting rooms are next to the reception area, one of which could comfortably hold a full board meeting... I wonder how often that is used.

There is also a smoked out glass door next to a very fancy Amex logo, I have only seen one family able to enter so far so I guess that is a private section of the lounge for their true centurion card holders.

WIFI is incredibly fast for the amount of people currently logged on, downloads averaging 87Mbps, uploads averaging 48.5Mbps.. enough for me to refill my Netflix library before reentering the great censor that is China.

All in all not a bad space but given the amount of people currently in here it does feel a tad cluttered. I’ll try to upload some photos when we get to PVG