For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#952210 by Dobbo
15 Sep 2019, 08:59
Me neither - it is common knowledge that a “Virgin lounge” is in the T2X. It could be a V-Room, but there is already a VRoom in T2 which leads to the obvious conclusion it is a Clubhouse.

I think delaying might be due to a wish to link this with progress in the clubhouse, and/or tangible news about Virgin connect or new long haul news from VS - but that is just a guess and I agree it’s unusual...
#952215 by VS075
16 Sep 2019, 12:21
Dobbo wrote:That said - it’s taking ages for any tangible Connect or MAN S20 news. I think the clubhouse was handed over to VS for fit out this week so maybe official News is coming soon...

For what it's worth, Flybe's summer flights generally open for bookings the October prior, so it could be tied up to a major rebrand which would surely be announced soon. Either way, Flybe's MAN network for Summer 2020 should be known soon once bookings are open.

ColOrd wrote:I don't understand why they wouldn't be publicising the opening of a CH? The last new CH that opened was LAX and that was announced months and months in advance and the same with the latest DL Skyclub in Haneda. Im not saying you're wrong, but it goes against what they have done previous.

The only plausible explanation I can think of is that the opening date is still TBC and linked to the wider pier/part of the terminal opening for business.