For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#948701 by gumshoe
14 Feb 2019, 10:25
VS made the right decision to cancel its order and opt for the A350 instead.

As nice as it is to fly in, the A380 is just too big and VS doesn’t have a route that could fill one every day of the year and justify the huge investment and operating costs.

Smaller aircraft operating at higher frequencies make much more sense.
#948721 by pjh
14 Feb 2019, 19:52
hunterdwmgzt wrote:Well, apart from concerns regarding job losses etc, I won't be shedding any tears at this news. Its one "pug-ugly" aircraft if ever I saw one!

True, but quite an experience to fly on one. Particularly with the EK bar.
#948738 by Snora
16 Feb 2019, 12:33
Just watched the 'Beluga' XL take off from Broughton. The Beluga ST has been flying over my house for some years now and huge investment was made at Airbus Broughton for the A380 production. With the demise of the A380 I am sure there will be plenty of plane parts needing transporting in years to come. The 'Beluga' name stuck and now the XL sports a rather cute Whale smiley face! We never tire of seeing these aircraft fly past. :-D

Apols for the poor photo. I just happened to be driving when I saw it on the runway. So I stopped and grabbed my phone.
Attachments
IMG_1981.JPG
IMG_1981.JPG (457.51 KiB) Viewed 9659 times
#948763 by gilly
17 Feb 2019, 15:54
pjh wrote:
hunterdwmgzt wrote:Well, apart from concerns regarding job losses etc, I won't be shedding any tears at this news. Its one "pug-ugly" aircraft if ever I saw one!

True, but quite an experience to fly on one. Particularly with the EK bar.

And shower.

Can’t wait to try both next month.
Virgin Atlantic