For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#949443 by chumba
22 Mar 2019, 19:20
Has anyone recently renewed their global entry ?

If so can you help with a couple of questions please?

Mines due for renewal February 2020 but I see you can renew up to 12 months early so am trying to work out if I should apply now and renew on my next trip end of April or wait till February next year when I’ll be there for the Super Bowl! :cool:

1 when you renew I see that the previous police certificate application is now gone in favour of an online process through border force. It says 10 days max, was this realistic when you reapplied?

2 gov.uk website says after the U.K. online process the USA renewal takes 2 weeks but the CBP website is reporting delays in processing applications. Anyone recently applied able to shed any light on how long it took?

3 lastly when you get the conditional approval it now says you have up to 6 months to attend an interview. Did anyone renewing just get approved without a follow up interview ? Or if you did need an interview where you able to schedule one at the US embassy in London or did you have to do it in the USA?

Trying to work out best time to renew and where !

Thanks in anticipation :-D
#949451 by tontybear
23 Mar 2019, 10:41
2 - threads on flyer talk are saying it is taking much longer than 2 weeks even for renewals.

3 - yes it’s possible to be renewed without having to have another interview. If you need an interview then at present it will have to be in the US as there haven’t been any more GE interview events for the London Embassy announced.
#949452 by woralla
23 Mar 2019, 12:18
I renewed last summer. The UK approval came through in a few days. The US part took longer, maybe about three weeks. I didn’t get an e-mail from them, I just had to keep checking back on the website. No requirement for a new interview at all. It just rolled over for another five years. I’ve used Global Entry a number of times since the renewal without any problems.
#949453 by mitchja
23 Mar 2019, 12:23
There is a message on the TTP website saying the following:

The extended partial government shutdown has resulted in a substantial backlog of CBP's Trusted Traveler Programs (TTP) applications and renewals.
Applicants for Global Entry (GE), SENTRI, NEXUS and FAST should expect significant delays in application processing times and limited appointment availability at TTP enrollment centers.
Conditionally approved GE members should seek to complete their GE interviews without an appointment upon arrival from an international flight at any of the 49 airports participating in CBP's Enrollment on Arrival (EoA) program.

So expect delays in the renewal process.