For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#949454 by Snora
23 Mar 2019, 12:24
Singapore Airlines from Copenhagen to MEL is £2500 Business Class whereas LHR to MEL with them is just over £4000 . I was looking at September as an example.
Flying to CPH is fairly cheap with Easyjet or SAS so the saving is still worth consideration. I haven't looked at many more options as I do think SIA Business Class is up there with the best. I am sure someone on this forum can beat £2500 though.
#949461 by PaulS
23 Mar 2019, 18:17
I have recently booked BA from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur via LHR for £1500 in J (787 from LHR) and then from KUL to MEL on Malayasia (330) in J for £850. separate PNR’s built I have built in stops around KUL and if you have a BAEC card it’s all oneworld so avios all three flights
#949468 by tontybear
23 Mar 2019, 20:52
Depends on your dates and starting point.

I wouldn’t always assume that an ex-EU is always cheaper than an ex-U.K. plus you have the costs of positioning flights too.

BA sale is currently on and ends in a couple of days but they don’t fly there so would be connecting in eg SYD or HKG. And some of their sale fares don’t apply to partners flights.

Cathay via HKG is an option or Singapore via well Singapore and that’s before you start looking going the ‘wrong’ way round and UA via LAx and SFO or Air Canada via YVR

I’d start by looking at google flights and investigating from there.
#949482 by Smid
24 Mar 2019, 19:52
Its been a long time since they sold them, but pre the blockade, Qatar would do a sub £1500 fare to Oz/NZ. Wonderful. First one covered christmas and new year, and we got £1150 (pre brexit currency plunge) to Auckland. A year later we got £1250 ex Stockholm down to Auckland.

Always worth watching the Qatar FT forum Sale thread, just in case.
Virgin Atlantic