For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#950915 by ScoobySu
15 Jun 2019, 18:00
After a good, solid flight in PE on VS007 yesterday a new lounge for v-flyers!

Alaska is rare amongst USA carriers in that it offers lounge access to First Class cash bookings - it was a bit of a no brainier then at $100 each (South West was $85 before Early Bird check in).

The lounge is functional as it’s currently being refurbed and there are few seating options. But hey ho they offer complimentary fizz so I’ll take one for the team! :-D

It looks as if there’s been an equipment change from an Alaska configured plane to an old Virgin America plane - Flyertalk seems to think Alaska haven’t been maintaining the big white seats so we’ll see .... ;-)
#950923 by ScoobySu
16 Jun 2019, 04:18
And I’m sorry to say the big white seats and the entire cabin are in very poor condition ;-( which is such a shame as we had an excellent flight in 2015 on Virgin America.

However, despite a poor start (no PDB) service was very good for a one hour flight - two drink runs plus the snack basket (an extra packet of chips may have fallen into my carry on thanks to the CC ;-) ).

I’d definitely consider Alaska again for an internal flight - they appear to be aggressively pricing to compete against South West in the West Coast market, and we have credited to the dark side :blush: . Another factor is that they have IRROPS protection unlike South West. However until they’ve finished their refits of the Virgin America fleet I’d be wary over the mid haul or transcon flights given the condition of the Virgin America planes.
#950958 by ColOrd
17 Jun 2019, 16:43
That’s a real shame - those VX first class seats were really suburb! I loved all of my flights with VX.

I used the Alaska lounge in 2017 and it was a bit dire then but they did have some lovely breakky bagels, I don’t remember fizz though so I hope you enjoyed it!