For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#951539 by chrisfinch_2000
29 Jul 2019, 10:42
Hi everyone,

I’ve booked a Qatar ex-EU fare (OSL - SIN).

Has anyone any experience of immigration at Oslo, baggage claim, and security and the time it takes to get through?

I’ve been fairly cautious and left a 4 hour gap on my flight to Oslo from LGW but am willing to be a bit more risky on the return leg if possible!

Any experiences shared would be much appreciated :)
#951544 by tontybear
29 Jul 2019, 16:49
From my one trip OSL was an efficient airport.

The thing is you don’t have 4 hours you really have less than 3 (assuming QR bag drop closes 60 mins before departure)

Who is your ex LGW with? I’d be monitoring its performance using flight radar etc

Remember QR aren’t going to be sympathetic if you miss their flight so that could be pretty expensive and your insurance company equally so (depending on policy of course)

Personally with a long haul ex-EU I’d want to be staying in a hotel overnight
#951545 by djack8
30 Jul 2019, 10:17
Good morning,

Having used OSL in the past for ex-eu flights, I can confirm that it is an extremely efficient airport. On our last trip to OSL, I monitor SAS flights who we had booked with and found that there were numerous delays and some cancellations in the months and weeks leading to our flight. This resulted in me changing our flight from the UK to Norway for the day before and we had a lovely full day experiencing Oslo.

The Radisson at OSL is perfectly fine to stay overnight and from all our travel experiences, has probably been the best airport hotel we have stayed in for the price.

Hope this helps.

Dan
#952997 by chrisfinch_2000
10 Nov 2019, 08:30
Thanks for the advise!

I made my connection both ways - and can confirm Oslo is very efficient!

On the return, I landed at 1.55pm (as scheduled) and had a separate flight for 3.25pm! It was very tight but I didn’t want to be hanging around!

Through immigration in seconds, bags off in minutes, and I was back in departures to check into the final leg by 2.10pm!

Bravo Oslo!