Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#941252 by stevebrass
28 Jan 2018, 22:43
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Another very uneventful flight. Checked in online and arrived at MCO in good time so there was no wait to drop the bags. Had a drink upstairs in the Hyatt than breezed through security thanks to TSA Pre.
Boarding was well organised and we were welcomed on board by the CSM. Push back on time and took off not long after.
The meal - we had the beef - was very palatable. We don't drink alcohol so I can't comment on the wines and stuff. The crew did give us our own large bottle of water. The snack tray/wander wall was available on my prompting. The coconut/chia popcorn is very addictive!
We landed 45 minutes before schedule but Manchester were not ready for us. If I can track flights I am sure you can Manchester Airport! Perhaps the problem was the gate was occupied. And they had no more.
Bag reclaim seem to reflect upper and pe priority.
So - no complaints here - a good experience.
#941258 by Kevshev
29 Jan 2018, 12:43
Many thanks for the trip report. The last time I was in Orlando the normal immegration que was horrendous and there was quite a few irrate passengers who were seriously worried about missing flights because most of the scanners were for Pre TSA passengers only. I only travel to the USA a couple of times a year but is it worth getting Pre TSA? How does it work and how much does it cost? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
#941320 by stevebrass
30 Jan 2018, 18:02
TBH we just seem to get it every time we fly to/in the USA. This time we fly MAN-MCO and return and had TSA Pre on the Virgin flight. We also we had a flight USA to Canada and back with Air Canada and Westjet and we had TSA pre on these flights. Perhaps TSA just like us!

We had the same last year - MAN-LAS with internal flights to SFO from LAX and had TS Pre then.