Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#941551 by woralla
11 Feb 2018, 11:06
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Following the success of the video I made on the outbound flight the previous week, I made a similar film during this flight. Link at the end.

As I’d used online check-in and had hand baggage only, I headed straight to security. There is no TSA pre-check lane at security for the F gates at Miami, so toiletries and iPad had to come out of luggage. I was, however, given a card to carry through security so that I didn’t have to take my shoes and belt off, and go through a standard metal detector rather than the body scanner.

Once through security I headed to the Club America ‘First Class’ lounge. It really isn’t that impressive and got me wondering how bad the Club America ‘Business Class’ lounge next door must be?

Boarding started pretty much on time. I was one of the first to board, allowing me to grab some footage of an almost empty cabin.

Drinks and sleeper suits were offered around quickly. Then, more or less to schedule, the doors closed and we were away. 177 passengers plus 10 cabin crew and 2 flight crew.

After takeoff the FSM gave the standard welcome announcement. This and all other announcements were then translated into Spanish by another crew member.

A little while later, the FSM came around the Upper Class cabin welcoming every passenger and handing out menus. Without reference to his tablet, I was welcomed as AU by name. This set the tone for the flight with excellent service levels and a very attentive crew.

Food and drinks services were served fairly quickly allowing for as much sleep time as possible. I opted not to have breakfast onboard to grab a little more sleep.

About forty minutes out, the pilot came on, triggering the dash to the bathrooms, and conversion of beds back to seats.

We landed about thirty minutes ahead of schedule. The was a bit of a taxi around the airfield, but once we had arrived at the gate, disembarkation was fairly efficiently.

A bit of a queue for the e-gates at immigration, and then straight to the Revivals Lounge. There was a wait of about fifteen minutes for a shower, during which I had a Clubhouse breakfast. Then, just over an hour after landing, I was in the limo away from the airport.

All in all an excellent flight.

Here’s the video of the flight on YouTube: https://youtu.be/HPyIUOncvkw
#941552 by hiljil
11 Feb 2018, 11:21
Thank you for another enjoyable video which complements your TR brilliantly.

So pleased you had a good flight. :-D
#941610 by buns
14 Feb 2018, 00:04
Thanks for the TR
The Delta Lounge at Miami and is not much better - the only difference is a staffed bar

Good to hear about the on-the-ball FSM it makes all the difference

Mrs Buns says thank You for the video, she is looking forward to experiencing the revamped 330 tomorrow night :-D

buns
#941632 by woralla
14 Feb 2018, 14:21
Thanks for the responses.

The revamped 330’s are significantly better than they were. My favourite Upper cabin in the fleet now, with a bit more space between the last seats and the bar.
#941688 by tomthumb
17 Feb 2018, 17:46
Great TR and outstanding video - thanks for the hard work
#942982 by mstbro
20 Apr 2018, 12:10
Following the success of the video I made on the outbound flight the previous week, I made a similar film during this flight. Link at the end.

As I’d used online check-in and had hand baggage only, I headed straight to security. There is no TSA pre-check lane at security for the F gates at Miami, so toiletries and iPad had to come out of luggage. I was, however, given a card to carry through security so that I didn’t have to take my shoes and belt off, and go through a standard metal detector rather than the body scanner.

Once through security I headed to the Club America ‘First Class’ lounge. It really isn’t that impressive and got me wondering how bad the Club America ‘Business Class’ lounge next door must be?

Boarding started pretty much on time. I was one of the first to board, allowing me to grab some footage of an almost empty cabin.

Drinks and sleeper suits were offered around quickly. Then, more or less to schedule, the doors closed and we were away. 177 passengers plus 10 cabin crew and 2 flight crew.

After takeoff the FSM gave the standard welcome announcement. This and all other announcements were then translated into Spanish by another crew member.

A little while later, the FSM came around the Upper Class cabin welcoming every passenger and handing out menus. Without reference to his tablet, I was welcomed as AU by name. This set the tone for the flight with excellent service levels and a very attentive crew.

Food and drinks services were served fairly quickly allowing for as much sleep time as possible. I opted not to have breakfast onboard to grab a little more sleep.

About forty minutes out, the pilot came on, triggering the dash to the bathrooms, and conversion of beds back to seats.

We landed about thirty minutes ahead of schedule. The was a bit of a kredi taxi around the airfield, but once we had arrived at the gate, disembarkation was fairly efficiently.

A bit of a queue for the e-gates at immigration, and then straight to the Revivals Lounge. There was a wait of about fifteen minutes for a shower, during which I had a Clubhouse breakfast. Then, just over an hour after landing, I was in the limo away from the airport.

All in all an excellent flight.

Here’s the video of the flight on YouTube: https://youtu.be/HPyIUOncvkw

Thanks for the TR and video :cool:
Virgin Atlantic