Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#942803 by Kateryan
11 Apr 2018, 11:18
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
After our flight being changed we were flown from Gatwick to Orlando instead of Heathrow to New York. I am amazed at the difference. The meal choice was poor, no proper afternoon tea just a couple of finger sandwiches on a China plate, and, I have no idea where the crew were. Wine offering with meal had no description, I asked for sav blanc, no they said. Such a difference to the NY flights. Is it because they assume all Orlando travellers are holiday makers?
Thoughts please.
#942805 by Traveller
11 Apr 2018, 12:18
Hi, flown this route quite a few times in UC and never had this sort of problem. Sounds like it might be a rare failure in the service. Never flown on the New York route so I do not no if they do a different level of service but I would hope that the UC product is consistent across all routes. If you haven’t already contacted customer service I would suggest it’s worth a go. Good luck
#942811 by dickydotcom
11 Apr 2018, 15:48
I have noticed service to be very variable.
We have also done this route a few times.
We flew out in PE back in February and home in Upper late March.
I found the service in PE to be very good. There was a wine choice, one of which was Malbec and I had seen something on the Wine show about it so asked to try it. The attendant wasn't sure if there was any left but said she would try. There was and she returned with my Malbec, then again to ask how it was, then again with another bottle that she had put aside for me. We felt that we were valued customers.
I have already done a TR on the return which was in Upper and definitely didn't feel valued.
I think Upper has lost something by not having dedicated attendants.

Dick D
#942816 by Hev60
11 Apr 2018, 17:07
I too have flown UC on this route many times and in my opinion there is a vast difference between the Orlando & also Las Vegas route, to all other routes I have flown in UC over recent years. My flight last year into San Francisco was made really enjoyable by the brilliant UC crew, especially the FSM who lead her crew by example.

dickydotcom wrote:I think Upper has lost something by not having dedicated attendants.
Dick D

Maybe some truth in that DickD but after travelling to Boston a few years back and constantly mtg up with a VS flight attendant who was staying in and visiting all the same places as us! I realised after talking to her just how much the Orlando and Las Vegas flights are dreaded by so many crew members regardless of the cabin class :-O