Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#943797 by trusse03
22 May 2018, 21:38
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
This was the return flight at the end of our honeymoon.

The day before the flight we received an email offering us paid access to the club lounge at Las Vegas. A quick trip to the in resort virgin holidays concierge and we were booked in.

Check in at Las Vegas was quick and efficient, we asked about paid upgrades to upper, but they're was only one seat available. I tried to convince hubbie to let me go alone, but alas it wasn't to be.

The queue at Las Vegas was relatively long, but all passengers were told to keep their shoes on, and the small liquids were told to be left in bags.

Once through we made our way through to the lounge. It's a basic lounge with the food options being sandwiches or pizza, with a few cereals too.

The flight was announced as boarding in the lounge by them walking through.

We went to the gate and we were quickly on board, we were in premium in the bubble on this flight. The entertainment box didn't seem to get in the was as much in this seat. A glass of fizz was offered.

Shortly after take off the first drinks round was completed.

Then the meals were served, again my no nuts request hadn't made it through. However the nuts on the dessert were tiny, so I decided to risk it.

Then a message popped up on the screen asking us to close our blinds for the night, I have to say most people did as asked. However I just couldn't get myself comfy to actually sleep properly, I think I managed about an hour.

I did however order some rhubarb and ginger gin from the duty free, which I'm currently enjoying.

The lights were switched on shortly before landing, and breakfast was offered to all passengers.

The crew were very friendly again. We landed slightly ahead of schedule into Manchester

Quickly through immigration, and down to the baggage hall to await our baggage, and this is where the problems started. After 45 minutes an announcement was made to say the hold door was jammed and they couldn't get any luggage off.

A further 30 minutes went by, and a minimal amount of economy baggage came off - but no upper or premium luggage.

An announcement was then made to say they still couldn't get into the hold, and if people wanted to go without their luggage they could have it delivered to them.

We waited a further 45 minutes, but then the husband went over to the baggage people and started to register his details, whilst he was doing this my bag came out on the carousel.

However his was still nowhere to be seen, so we decided to register to have his delivered to our home address the following day.

One thing I will say is that the virgin crew on the ground did do a great job, with some very tired and irritated passengers. One of whom was Sting, who was also waiting in the baggage reclaim area - however his luggage was hand delivered to him.

Great flight, just a pity about the end.