Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#946072 by thejuice
09 Sep 2018, 19:47
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Expanding on my post here from the clubhouse: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=297556

After a busy few days post wedding we caught the National Express to T4 where we started off our honeymoon at the Premier Inn, although as usual I never sleep well the night before a holiday and was wide awake at 4am. Not being sure how long it would take to get to T3 we left at 8am to walk into T4 and squeezed on a train to Heathrow central.

Upon arrival at T3 it was a little confusing as there was a bit of crowd right in front of the Upper check in area, but after standing behind them for a few minutes we realised it was some sort of extra check for Delta flights only and so went around and were called over straight away. We caught the lift upstairs and got a bit confused again about how to get through the door to the Virgin fast track security before seeing the scanner so we tried a boarding pass and open sesame!

We went straight to the lounge to book a treatment for the wife and I ended up getting roped into a facial too. To pass the time we went over to the dining area for breakfast. The food was good although service a bit random as I actually ate someones elses breakfast! I just assumed it was a side dish we automatically had but was meant for the guy behind - but I didnt let it go to waste!!

We spent a relaxing 15 mins in the spa before heading over to the seating area for a drink. Annoyingly people were spreading their bags all over the place on the good seats but our persistance paid off and we soon bagged a good spot near the bar. Service was very good and refills always offered. I sat at the bar for a bit to see what else was on offer and the guys were happy to make up a few variations on the normal cocktails. We wanted to grab a snack off the lunch menu but had to wait until midday which was getting close to boarding time. Thankfully one of the ladies was kind enough to put it through right on midday so we would be the first order out.

After making our way to the gate we went straight on board and to our seats in Row A and immediately offered a drink. After takeoff were offered another drink and some crisps and I had a look at the IFE offerings whilst my wife made friends with the lovely lady who worked in our section. I was surprised that there wasn't a huge amount of space in the seat and it wa bit of a faff charging things but it certainly didnt bother me.

I was starting to feel a bit tired and actually fell asleep in my chair during dinner and missed the cheese and biscuits! Woke up a bit disorientated an hour later and went up to have a look at the bar, but barely sat down before the seatbelt signs came on we had to go back. Thankfully they went off quickly and my wife made up the bed for a snooze and I went back to the bar.

A group of us were having a good chat and the time flew by as my wife walked up saying she had been a sleep for 2 hours. Feeling tired again I went back to lie down on her bed and soon fell asleep for a few hours, only to be woken up by my wife saying it was last chance to order something from the snack menu, so of course I went for the burger and she had the sushi.

With an hour to go I swapped back into my seat and read for the remainder of the flight and enjoyed the view on our approach to SFO including going over the bay and seeing the tip of the golden gate bridge peeking out of the fog.

A special callout to the excellent staff, i'm sure we got better treatment as it was our honeymoon and the chap in charge even brought us over a gift package which was lovely. I guess the fact that during the 11 hours I didn't watch a single minute of the IFE shows how much I enjoyed the flight.

As people say once you've travelled upper there is no going back, and that's certainly the case we have already booked a Washington/NY trip in May.
#946073 by hiljil
09 Sep 2018, 21:01
Congratulations on your wedding.

Thank you for your TR. I am so pleased the flight lived up to expectations and hope you had a super time in SF.

Wonderful that you have already booked another trip :-D