Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#946212 by forumuser156
19 Sep 2018, 07:13
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Managed to bag a bargain 2 weeks ago in VS sale for Barbados Upper Class with AI beach resort coming in under £2,800 for a week so I booked it.

Left for Gatwick at 6:30am and got there at 8am, then made my way to the Clubhouse ahead of a 10am boarding call. Lounge was quite busy but managed to get a seat at the window. Tried to get a massage in but they were fully booked. After breky, it was time to board.

I was first through the gate and first on the plane A330-200 in 3K (I did get an email a week before advising of the change in aircraft for my flight) and got a glass of champers and orange juice. I have to admit that I find the ex-Air Berlin UC very comfortable with more privacy that the other planes. The CC were outstanding and attentive. 20 mins after take off, I ordered more champers to go with my crisps. I ordered prawns for starters, steak for mains and cheese board for dessert, really delicious

At the 4 hour mark, ice lollies were offered and gladly accepted. Followed lastly by the classic burger before landing. Excellent trip out there with great CC, and through immigration and out the other side to get my bag in about 10 mins.

I did have some pics to add but theres an issue with the size reduction, in that its still too big to add, so will have a play around when I get a bit more time and add them.