Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#946347 by David1946
28 Sep 2018, 12:15
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Our 6 week fly drive was now over so it was time to return the car and head to the airport. We had had a great time and travelled 4300 miles viewing wonderful sights through Grand Teton NP, Yellowstone NP and Mount Rushmore as well as seeing the final resting places of General Custer, Wild Bill Hickok, Calamity Jane and Buffalo Bill. All names from our childhood.
We returned the car and took the bus to Terminal 3. Check in was quiet and we were dealt with immediately by a very chatty and friendly lady who also wished me Happy birthday for the following day. As we had completed our Global Entry interviews on arrival our Boarding Cards were marked for TSA pre check. We made our way to Security where there was quite a long line which we were glad to avoid with the pre check. It was great to not have to remove shoes, electronic gadgets etc and the whole process took 4 minutes. The cost of GE was money well spent.
We made our way to the lounge opposite Gate E2 which is very convenient as the 2 VS flights were going from E1 & E2. The lounge was quite busy but we found a couple of seats with plug sockets nearby for charging tablets etc before boarding. I noticed that not many seats had this facility. The food on offer wasn’t extensive but there were 2 soups, a lasagna and buns/balms containing pulled pork as well as the usual cheese, chips(crisps) etc.
When our aircraft, Tinkerbelle, was arriving I left the lounge to take some photos

SAM_1726.jpg
SAM_1726.jpg (55.71 KiB) Viewed 3904 times

On my return I noticed they were turning away anybody with Prioritypass as the lounge was full.
When boarding was available a member of the VS staff came into the lounge to make the announcement so it wasn’t necessary to keep an eye on the departure board. They were the only airline to do this so a nice touch.
Boarding was fairly quick with 2 doors in use, front for Upper & PE and the other for Economy. Once we were loaded the Captain came on to apologise for our slightly late departure and advise a flight time of 8 hrs 39 mins so that we would be in MAN about 25 mins early. She also said we had 441 passengers plus crew so a pretty full flight. Upper was full.
Once in the air menus etc were handed out and first drinks served. The crew were great and very chatty making everybody feel at home. As we were on Tinkerbelle there was no bar but we didn’t miss it as the service was so good. The menu was:-

SAM_1750.jpg
SAM_1750.jpg (60.84 KiB) Viewed 3904 times

SAM_1751.jpg
SAM_1751.jpg (63.87 KiB) Viewed 3904 times

After a couple of glasses of Malbec and a very nice port it was time for some rest. Everybody converted their seats and all bar 2 settled down to sleep. The young girl next to me and her mother from opposite decided it was now time for a long fairly loud conversation, they hadn’t spoken up until then. I had my music on but could still here them and my wife , in the next seat, could also hear them . Eventually after about half an hour they decided to turn in. Sorry moan over!!
Breakfast was served about 90 mins out then the Captain announced that ATC had requested her to slow down to ease things at MAN. We landed into a much cooler MAN than we had left in Vegas but a pleasant sunny day.
Overall a wonderful holiday and good flight back.
Sorry couldn't work out how to turn photos