Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#946739 by broono83
26 Oct 2018, 18:09
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Got a relatively late holiday booked to Orlando, we booked about 6 weeks out with miles and used 2 of the old AMEX PE upgrade vouchers, these were stonking value for these flights as we paid about £350 each in taxes for the return PE flights which were running at £1250 revenue per person, even economy was about £600 each.

Unfortunately I couldn’t check in online and as expected was SSSS, however I could see we were being offered upgrades to Upper for £650 which we declined as I think the clubhouse is an enormous part of the upper experience and it certainly wouldn’t be worth it on a day flight from Glasgow although I would like to try the 747 upper before it goes.

We were at the front left of the bubble seats 20 A and C and I can say that the seat and surrounding areas were really dirty, the plane needs a really good deep clean. I’ve marked the seat as poor for this although comfort use it was as good as ever. We took some photos to share with Virgin along with compliments for the, excellent, crew. It was a very windy day at Glasgow so we were delayed 90 mins departing as it was too windy to load bags apparently, which was a first for me. Sparkling wine and refills were handed out and consumed.

Service on board was really good and we were kept well lubricated which was great as we made the most of not bothering to hire a car this time. Uber in Orlando really is fantastic, pretty cheap and we didn’t wait longer than 3 mins in the 10 days. Food was good although I can’t actually remember what I had, maybe due to the above! :-D

We arrived into MCO an hour late but flew directly over the space centre which was nice. Immigration in MCO was about an hour and a bit as our late arrival had put us behind a Manchester (I think) flight. We then Ubered off to our hotel which was Avanti Palms resort. We stayed here as it was cheap and we’d stayed at the sister Avanti resort a few years ago. Unfortunately we didn’t like this hotel at all, for various reasons I can go into if anyone is interested, so we moved to the Castle hotel by Marriott which was excellent and a great time was had in Orlando with amazing weather.

#946836 by broono83
04 Nov 2018, 17:15
Just to close this one off. Had a nice lady from Virgin call today with apologies and offer of 10k miles each and said she would obviously pass on to the cleaning and maintenance teams involved. I had emailed about 10 days ago so from a service recovery side I think they've done well (assuming the plane gets a clean too! :-D )
#946889 by mdhayes
06 Nov 2018, 11:53
bad news about the cleanliness of the seat, its pretty poor. I agree regarding uber though in Orlando, we used it for a week and loved i. No worries about driving after a long flight (plus can have some drinks), dropped closer to the theme parks and overall cheaper than a hire car.
Virgin Atlantic