Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#947522 by linb121
18 Dec 2018, 00:25
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
My first time flying from north terminal at Gatwick - really liked the new Clubhouse but it’s missing a couple of things that were available in the south terminal - the shoe cleaning and offer to store bags for example. The clubhouse staff were all lovely and it was a great start to my holiday.
Boarding the flight was confusing - there was a sign saying “priority booking for upper and premium class” but the space between the chairs did not allow for anyone to get past to the gate. Then a man at the other end of check shouted for people to go there. I stayed in the queue I was in and got to the front in the same amount of time.
The 14 seat Upper Class doesn’t have overhead storage for the first two rows ( 6 & 7 ) so by the time I got on board the locker above seat 8 where I was sitting was full. But the crew will store bags elsewhere.
Most of the crew were great, the flight service manager Scott was very helpful but the female member of the crew in upper not so much.
Food was fine, cauliflower and Stilton soup and dessert of rhubarb sponge. I skipped the main course and there was more than enough to drink. Prosecco, wine, port, G&T all available. It was a daytime flight but the lights in the cabin were dimmed and I got a bit of sleep. The film choice was disappointing- nothing very recent. All in all a satisfactory flight.
I’d signed up for Global Entry but at Vegas this took longer than the queue of people at the main gates as the customs officer insisted on questioning and checking everyone