Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#948613 by AlsirAl
11 Feb 2019, 04:14
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Time for my first TR

So just got in from a wonderful flight on VS65.

Gatwick experience was fantastic! Prem security was just as fast as Heathrow T3. Club house spot on for the morning crowd, not busy at all and loads of staff going out of their way to help/get you anything you need, really couldn’t fault them. One word of warning is the spar, book when you arrive, we left it too late (as there was only 2 couples in the lounge when we arrived) and after some breakfast only my wife managed to get an appointment.

Gorgeous breakfast followed by some lovely cocktails and 2 hours flew by! Could have easily done another hour!

Boarding anoucement and we were off to the gate, bit of a que on the jet bridge as a lot of people had buggies to hold check, no problem at all though and before we knew it sat in 6a and 6k with a tasty glass of bubbles. I knew from reading past reviews that these were great couples seats but one thing I didn’t realise was the extra “shelf” they have, so useful to have a bit of extra storage (even if you can use for TO/landing)
Also sitting in 6a although you can’t directly see the runway for take off, you can put your camera by the window and get an awesome view/ vid (unfortunately mine was at 45 degrees and does not look in the least bit professional so I won’t be sharing)

Crew introduced them selves to all UC passengers and service proceeded. Had a little giggle to my self when the couple behind us was talking to fsm and admitted they were Virgin “virgins” , seeing their amazement of how much better everything was compared to BA club world was amusing.

Usual UC service but no hot towel which was missed! For lunch I had the beef, which was good however there is well done and then 5 minutes past well done, no prizes for guessing how my fillet was served. A real shame as apart from over done steak I couldn’t fault a single thing on the flight.

A special mention has to made about the crew though. This is my 9th VS flight in the last couple of years and these guys were on point!! Nothing too much trouble and all genuinely happy to be there serving! It really made the flight for us.

All in all absolutely fantastic flight and great start to 9 days in the sun!

Flights were bargain Z class fares and feel we got every single £ when it can to value for money.
If you can get a bargain then I strongly recommend Turing left for a day time flight of over 8 hours!
#948616 by pjh
11 Feb 2019, 10:20
Great TR of what sounds like a great flight and service. We always loved the 6A and 6K seats, even with the odd angle.

I booted out loud at the description of the steak. I try to avoid it if I can...
#948617 by hiljil
11 Feb 2019, 10:25
Thank you for your TR. So pleased you really enjoyed your UC experience on the 747. I just love that cabin !

Enjoy your stay in the sun :cool:
#948627 by AlsirAl
11 Feb 2019, 14:58
Just re read my tr and realised my star ratings are wrong (it was the end of a very long day when I posted) should be all 5 and a 4 for food not 4’s and a 3. Cant seem to edit, can admin change for me?
Virgin Atlantic