Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#949479 by ColOrd
24 Mar 2019, 14:00
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
So after an exhausting holiday, I was more tired coming back than I was going out!

We had a day in Boston, three days driving around north New England, taking in Portland Maine (amazing, absolutely fantastic little town) and Bangor (not so much) then a quick drive back to Boston, drop off one for his flight back.

We took the Acela train down to New York and got quite drunk on Mimosas, went to see Kelly Clarkson (did't get drunk there at $14 for a cider!), did all of the touristy things you normally do in New York for the next week, took in an amazing drag show in Grenwhich Village and can't remember fully how we got back home. Then walked The High Line which was stunning, before cocktails in the Sky Bar at The Standard at the South End of the high line which was absolutely out of this world watching the sunset over Jersey. We then flew up to Buffalo with DL in 1st class, met a lovely couple who were staying in the same hotel as us in Niagara and had a great time with them. I was totally taken back by Niagara, it really was stunning. Shame its been commercialized so much, my friend said it felt like Blackpool and sure enough it did!

Flight back to New York was good, we were staying at JFK for our last night, and DL shifted us kindly from the LGA flight I booked to a JFK flight so it all worked out much better in the end.

Arrived into T4 at 1430 only to be told due to the clocks moving forward check in wouldn't open till 1530. There was a group of about 10 of us all standing around the DL/VS SkyPriority area feeling a bit annoyed. When the agent turned up she couldn't log in and had to ring IT. Then she had someone else come down 15 mins later to get her logged in. Then she didnt know anything about ticketing as I was trying to get my friend in PE an upgrade using my miles. In the end I lost the plot with her and told her we would sort at the clubhouse.

The Clubhouse was as usual a haven of calm, treatments booked, and drinks in hand we had a really good laugh with all of the team there. JFK Clubhouse really is one of my favourites. I can't wait to find an excuse to go back!

On to the flight and we had G-VYOU tonight I was in 2K and my friend was in PE. I offered him the miles, but he balked at paying the taxes so he stayed in Premium! I had the same FSM I had coming back from Vegas, so we spent a bit of time chatting at the bar. She let my friend come forward to the bar as the flight was full but no one was using the bar and we were quiet.

Food was good, but I wasnt really hungry as we had loaded up in the CH. We spent an hour chatting and reminiscing over the holiday. The crew kept dropping by and topping us up. I took a bottle of water to bed and slept till we landed!

Straight through immigration and into a very quiet Revivals to try and pick myself up from a massive comedown after a two week holiday.

I have to say, that the FSM in question is one of the best I have had, shes incredibly consistent in her delivery and ensuring that her Gold card and VIP pax are looked after!

I was so tired from this trip I have since booked Barbados for June to try and recover and LA for Christmas!