Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#949547 by roadrunner
27 Mar 2019, 16:56
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Weather was rain turning to snow and ice. This late flight often varies re on- time, but nearly always makes it up enroute. Given it was a midweek flight, Logan was at low hum. The new addition for gates means more room for pax to sit and be, as well as adding a very nice Legal SeaFoods (finally) in TE.

VS staff were quite present welcoming us to a nearly empty check-in (we were a bit late). Security was a bit of a mess as always, but we found a berth in the increasingly rare rocking chairs which allow picture window views of Charlestown and the harbor as well as planes. We failed to hear the boarding call so were glad to have decided to just wander over, when we were told to get right on board, no wait, no scrum, Prosecco in hand within two minutes. Flights were being pushed out as fast as possible to avoid de-icing, captain said we were just under the wire as the last to leave without that delay. Given what was coming out of the sky, I rather wondered if de-icing might not have been a bad idea though!

PE was about half full, UC seemed bursting, and EC light. Only one person was sat in the bulkhead in front of us and we were fortunate that he was not a full seat recliner. Drinks and dinner came up quickly (the PE wines are still quite unlovely) and was surprisingly good. Film choices were fine and sleep came if not easily (looking forward to the slab-hard PE seat refurb on these), enough. Cabin crew were very attentive to passengers, and galley noise was kept to a minimum. Toilet on the A side on this plane (shared with some grumpy UC pax who seemed to feel some ownership over priority) was roomy and kept clean, but the two on the K side are smaller.

The Wander Wall was minimally stocked but well used for water refills. Not much of a demand really on a red eye. Brandy and duty-free were offered, as well as mugs of PG Tips which were so solidly steeped, the little hard-to-open- without -exploding skimmed milk sachets made no dent in their color or taste.

Lights up and breakfast about an hour and a half out, the offerings not to my taste at what was 2 am my time, so opted for more sleep. Red zip amenity bag still offers the basics: socks, eye mask, ear plugs, pen, toothbrush/paste and was able to brush teeth and wash face before the seatbelt sign went on, and the sleepy queue of UC pax wandered up.

We made good time, arriving right on schedule but delayed while looking for a gate. This was actually the only time I really missed UC as would have welcomed Revivals. Immigration queue wasn't too bad, luggage was off the carousel by the time we got to baggage.
All in all a pleasant and comfortable flight, good value and well worth the comfort plus. After flying VS this route BOS- LHR since it was added, fingers crossed VS keep this one last flight.