Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#952755 by AJC
21 Oct 2019, 17:08
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Hello from 30,000ft!

Today I'm travelling with my 14yo DS to see Galaxy's Edge on the 'Falcon'.

Drove up and overnighted at the airport for a 10am flight that was delayed byvan hour didn't actually take off for a while after that. I'm afraid I didn't check the time as I was still fuming.

They called boarding really late it seemed, 15 mins prior to the delayed departure time. We left the Clubhouse promptly (fab experience and sat next to a cricketer my son tells me? No idea, tennis is my game :blush: :blush:

Anyway, by the time we got there chaos reigned and the queue was longer at priority than not. Meh.

It's never good news when both your son's boarding card and yours bring a confused expression to faces is it? Cue extra security check for my DS who looked as though he'd just found out he was being sent to Guantanamo Bay and Disney was all a con.

The best was yet to come. We hadn't been ticketed. Say what now? This is a miles flight booked ages ago. A few weeks ago I had to change the outward leg, which I did with no fuss. Turns out there was a fee. Said fee hadn't been paid it seems. (I knew nothing about it). Nothing showed in my app, no email, no phone call, nothing at check-in... you get the picture. Anyway, this lapse was announced loud and proud to the melee that was trying to get on board/clenching in security check 'area', as were my card details as he bellowed them down the phone to his colleague after I crossly raised the question of how I got to the gate with no one saying a thing...

I will update the rest of the flight later, but it has tinged it somewhat!