Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#953305 by Rainbowpantsjay
30 Nov 2019, 15:06
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
Well after being disappointed earlier in the year when VS changed metal from the 332 to the 333 and being worried that the seats would be terrible along with not being able to see out the window and not to mention the small screen I can safely say I was extremely wrong. Normally fly PE but decided to treat ourselves.

We started the day at the new Lomond lounge at GLA and what an experience. The staff where amazing and so polite and couldn't do enough for us. Brilliant view of the runway and such a peaceful place to sit and relax prior to the flight.
Small buffet breakfast and also a full Scottish was available to order. I had been looking forward to eggs royal with a glass of Champagne but unfortunately the chef was off sick. Not to worry still got my glass of fizz and a gin or two.

Flight was delayed 1 hour so an extra bit of relaxation and more food in the lounge was just the ticket.

Upon boarding we where greeted by the FSD Donna and a very friendly crew.
Once seated we where offered the usual fizz, water or OJ. Fizz for me of course.
10 seats filled in UC today and 21 free so very light load.

The seats are so comfortable and you just sink right into them. Perfect amounts of leg room, I'm 5 11, and plenty of nooks and crannies to place your personal items you need along with the overhead locker. The screen was just a perfect size for when it pulls out. The only gripe I had was it got in the way when dinning so it swiftly got stowed. I could even turn my head without breaking it to look out the window. This was just the icing on the cake.

Dinner consisted of the seared prawns, beef brisket and then the chocolate tart which was super sweet. Followed by the most amazing cheese board. All the food was excellent and the beef was super tender it just melted in your mouth.

After dinner I sat at the bar for about 3 hours with a glass of fizz just chatting away and was also joined by an off duty captain who was also very friendly and I enjoyed some of his flight stories.

The crew, Lynn, Nikki and Carla were absolutely fantastic. I have never met such a friendly, attentive crew. Had a fantastic time sitting chatting to them at the bar after dinner.

Back to my seat to try out bed mode. I was trying to this myself and Carla who walked passed took over and made the bed for me. This was super welcomed as I was struggling a bit. As soon as I lay down in the lush bedding my eyes closed. An hour later and about an hour and half before landing I woke up to be greeted with a burger and a cuppa. This was so delicious and probably one of the best burgers I have ever had.

Flight time was 8hrs 58mins and what a quick 9 hours it was. Didn't not watch any films. I just sat with my music on and sat in disbelief that I was actually flying in UC and how amazing this was. As an av geek and after watching many YouTube reviews along with reading all the online reviews I can find nothing can prepare you for this experience. I had high expectations and these where exceeded tenfold.

Upon landing at MCO it was sad to say goodbye to this fantastic crew and plane.(beauty queen)
First off and straight through immigration and luggage collected within 30 mins. Bags off first also.

I honestly cannot thank the crew enough for making this flight so special. If we had not had such an empty UC I am sure we would still have had just as much an amazing time.

If anyone is ever wondering whether the upgrade is worth it then I can safely say yes.

Can't wait for the return flight and to experience the 332 UC seats. Review to follow.
#953307 by David
01 Dec 2019, 08:47
Hi Rainbowpantsjay, did you pay for the new lounge or have Virgin moved their Upper / Gold passengers from that awful UpperDeck lounge ?

I've been looking for some deals ex GLA. It's interesting VS are using the A330-200 with more Upper seats than a 747 but there doesn't seem to be any deals or even reward seats available

thanks for TR

David
#953316 by Rainbowpantsjay
01 Dec 2019, 22:57
David wrote:Hi Rainbowpantsjay, did you pay for the new lounge or have Virgin moved their Upper / Gold passengers from that awful UpperDeck lounge ?

I've been looking for some deals ex GLA. It's interesting VS are using the A330-200 with more Upper seats than a 747 but there doesn't seem to be any deals or even reward seats available

thanks for TR

David

Hi David

They have moved to to the Lomond Lounge and can safely say it was excellent.

It's £40 each if you are non UC and would say that at that price it is still worth the extra.
They have an a la cart menu and small buffet area.
I shall try out some photos on when I have access to laptop

The 332 is just for the end of the season then moving back to 747. The demand is there for the premium as PE and UC are full on the way back on 14th December
The reason they changed to the 333 on the way out was due to a charted for a cruise and had a full UC and PE on the return leg on the 23rd Nov

It's nice to see VS expanding and changing to a more premium lounge to complement the rest of the service