Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#961344 by ColOrd
19 Apr 2023, 08:48
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
We haven’t had a TR for a while so here goes.

Arrived at DTCI at 0615 for a 1440 departure with the usual greetings of “are you sure?” I used the Gett app for a normal taxi rather than my normal London Heathrow Cars after they let me down twice recently.

No one in the VS security channel so was through security and airside in seconds really. Except my shoes needing swabbing which seems to be common for me!

Clubhouse was excellent, worked my way through the cocktail list with the obligatory redheads in there of course! Lots of minor delays at Heathrow with the MIA, SFO and a Delta JFK flight all delayed. The Delta flight was getting later and later and I think was cancelled and most passengers moved to my flight and the following one!

Boarded and welcomed on board with double rounds of champers.

Food on board was good - the new menu in reality looks nice, the fish and chips looks amazing, when I read the menu I wasn’t sure, but I’m convinced. The Pimms cake is outstanding and really well presented. I had the indian selection for second meal and that was really nice, so tasty and fresh!

Bar was really well used through the second half of the flight, the crew seemed to staff it quite a bit!

Also worth noting - we had 10 crew on board - which was the precovid number for a 787 and apparently they are rostering 10 as much as they can! I thought that was really good to hear!

Landed into JFK 45 mins early and was into my hotel in less than two hours from wheel touchdown…checked in and then turned around and the whole crew were behind me to check in!

Excellent flight with a great crew!

(PS….The New Yorker Hotel…. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: h

Off to Washington DC now on Amtrak!!
#961345 by buns
19 Apr 2023, 09:23
Thanks for the TR!
Good to learn the Clubhouse continues to perform.

Mrs Buns and I are intrigued to learn more about the fish & chips :D

Hopefully, we will have a similar experience when w3 travel next month

Thanks once again

Buns
#961346 by Claphambear
19 Apr 2023, 09:47
Great TR - thanks for sharing

We are off to LAX on Friday and no fish & chips on our pre-select choices (hey ho) but will now go for the Indian selection of bites for sure

Cant wait to be in the CH on Friday
#961350 by Murraymint
19 Apr 2023, 13:59
Thanks for the TR. You must have very special shoes :-D

Heading to TPA in 10 days so will see if fish and chips appear on our menu. Can’t wait to use the clubhouse again.

Arriving at T5 the day before and I have made a booking with Patrick Egwu cars to take us to the Upper Class Wing from the Sofitel (we can’t be bothered with the hassle of carrying cases on the Heathrow Express) after seeing some poor reports about London Heathrow cars who I used before. Chose them purely on reviews on Trip Advisor, so we’ll see how they are.