This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962659 by Dohabear
25 Oct 2023, 07:13
Morning all, I have a current problem whereby VS points are not being credited from my credit card to my VS account. I’ve never had this problem before but appears to have started when I got a refund for flights I had to cancel. Does anyone know who to speak to ( and a phone number/email) about how to sort this out. I have read of people going round in circles trying to sort credit card points issues out. Thanks.
#962660 by mitchja
25 Oct 2023, 08:22
Has the refund left your credit card account in deficit for Virgin Points? With a refund, Virgin Money don’t take the points back from you but it will take your credit card earned points balance negative until you then spend more than the refund was for.

If you ring Virgin Money, they will be able to tell you your current earned Virgin points balance even if it’s negative.

I had this happen after receiving a refund from VS during COVID. It took a couple of months to start seeing points being earned from card spend again.
#962661 by ela123
25 Oct 2023, 10:42
Yes I’ve had exactly the same too. A refund took my points into the negative and it want until I’d respect the refund money that I started earning points again
#962670 by Dohabear
25 Oct 2023, 17:49
Ok, I wondered how to check the negative balance after refund returning to positive, It shows I have earned points once again so I assume that means they should start crediting again but they haven’t. I’ll give them a call and see what they say. Thanks for that