A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#899549 by buns
28 Mar 2015, 13:52
MrsBear99 wrote:Hi Buns,

As Mr Bear is working in Canary Wharf at present, us joining the fun is a no brainer. Looking forward to meeting you all.

MrsBear x

Look forward to it - names added y) y)

buns
#899741 by buns
30 Mar 2015, 21:52
OK

I have arranged for a private area in the Cinnamon Bar at the Hilton to be set aside for the V Flyer get together.

I will be there from 5:30 onwards (I am of course staying the night :w ) and will introduce Iain to some of the newer V Flyers (you know who you are ): ) who have carried on his great example of supporting the Airline and beer in equal measures :o)

Look forward to seeing you all

buns
#899745 by tontybear
30 Mar 2015, 22:08
What's the address of the hotel Mr B and the nearest tube / DLR station?
#899754 by buns
31 Mar 2015, 05:37
tontybear wrote:What's the address of the hotel Mr B and the nearest tube / DLR station?

Apologies :| :|

Full Address:

Hilton Canary Wharf
South Quay
Marsh Wall
London
E14 9SH

Nearest tube being Canary Wharf and on the Docklands Light Railway, the neaerst is South Quay - in fact the DLR trains go right past the Hotel ;)

Blacky

If you could send me a PM I will add you to the list

buns
#899834 by MrsBear99
01 Apr 2015, 10:01
mitchja wrote:I grabbed a room at the Canary Wharf Hilton for £99 for the Friday night. £89 if you pre-pay.

Mitcha - where did you find the £99 rate? Thanks so much!

PS - was in Canary Wharf last night celebrating my birthday and had an amazing rum cocktail at Rum & Sugar on West India Key - very reminiscent of the Bramble concocted in the LHR / LGW CHs. Lush (the cocktail that is, not me ii))
#899847 by joeyc
01 Apr 2015, 12:04
MrsBear99 wrote:
mitchja wrote:I grabbed a room at the Canary Wharf Hilton for £99 for the Friday night. £89 if you pre-pay.

Mitcha - where did you find the £99 rate? Thanks so much!

You could find it by booking through the Hilton site direct. Just checked and the price is now £144 a night ii) price has gone up, probably due to all the V-Flyers checking in :P
#899975 by Rugger Mad
02 Apr 2015, 19:52
Blacky1 wrote:Can anyone recommend a good hotel around the Canary Wharf area ?

There are plenty of hotels ivo the ExCeL - I've stayed in a few of them and I can recommend them as they are within easy reach of CW and are reasonably priced providing that there's nothing on at the ExCeL, plus they have excellent DLR links. There's also a rather good Holiday Inn Express within walking distance of the O2, which is one stop from CW on the Jubilee Line (North Greenwich stn).
#899977 by Blacky1
02 Apr 2015, 20:28
Rugger Mad wrote:
Blacky1 wrote:Can anyone recommend a good hotel around the Canary Wharf area ?

There are plenty of hotels ivo the ExCeL - I've stayed in a few of them and I can recommend them as they are within easy reach of CW and are reasonably priced providing that there's nothing on at the ExCeL, plus they have excellent DLR links. There's also a rather good Holiday Inn Express within walking distance of the O2, which is one stop from CW on the Jubilee Line (North Greenwich stn).

Thanks for the tips RM but I'm already booked in with the hilton Canary wharf y)
#900639 by buns
10 Apr 2015, 14:19
Well as Mrs Bear has pointed out, the Social is now only a week away and I for one, look forward to meeting everyone who can manage to make it.

Those terribly nice people at the Canary Wharf Hilton have contacted me and have said that we can now have a private bar area on the first floor for our exclusive use y) y)

As if you need any more incentive, I have laid on some bubbles to help the meet and greet process ):

Look forward to seeing you all next Friday

buns
#900641 by Blacky1
10 Apr 2015, 14:57
buns wrote:Well as Mrs Bear has pointed out, the Social is now only a week away and I for one, look forward to meeting everyone who can manage to make it.

Those terribly nice people at the Canary Wharf Hilton have contacted me and have said that we can now have a private bar area on the first floor for our exclusive use y) y)

As if you need any more incentive, I have laid on some bubbles to help the meet and greet process ):

Look forward to seeing you all next Friday

buns

Top man buns and well done Hilton
#900644 by Bretty
10 Apr 2015, 15:56
Have fun boys (and ladies) look forward to your drunken posts...
#900835 by Sealink
12 Apr 2015, 23:42
Rugger Mad wrote:
joeyc wrote:I would really like to be there buns, but unfortunately cannot commit at the moment. My April diary is still full of post-it notes and disorganised ramblings I am afraid :w

Jacki wrote:I can't be charged with the pole dancing incident, but Brussels was the destination for my first V-Flyer social and my first experience of the Pete and Buns Eurostar Cocktail Bar. I don't remember much after Ashford! :0

honey lamb wrote:Now, now, tonty! You can't blame V-Flyers for the fact that Eurostar put the train on the wrong track and we had to return to Ashford to pick up passengers.......

.......can you? ): ):

I can't wait to hear more about this social..
. :0

Me neither! I'm intrigued.........

Canary Wharf is a splendid night out, much better than most of the watering holes in Central London. There may be a conflict in my diary however if I can be available, I will probably rock up for a snifter or 7.

There was also a Belfast incident, involving a V-Flyer and the cornmarket. I have a lovely pic!
#900840 by iforres1
13 Apr 2015, 00:10
Just heading back to DC after a great weekend in NY. Arrive into LHR on Wednesday morning to give us plenty of time to get in practice for Friday evening. Looking forward to meeting everyone then. Thanks again Mr Buns :-)

Iain
#900841 by tontybear
13 Apr 2015, 00:16
Sealink wrote:
There was also a Belfast incident, involving a V-Flyer and the cornmarket. I have a lovely pic!

I have pics of that too.!

I also have pics of you as well Billy.

I also have a pic of our honoured guest as well. (not from tjat weekend though)
#901106 by buns
16 Apr 2015, 20:14
Just a little reminder about tomorrow night.

Things will kick offat 5:30 at the Hilton Canary Wharf and will be on the First Floor - with the Function identified as "V Flyer" on the electroniuc sign as you enter.

Look forward to seeing V Flyers old and new

buns
#901108 by honey lamb
16 Apr 2015, 20:40
Sorry I'm not able to make it. Work has been really hectic here this week with funerals yesterday and today and tomorrow and Saturday we have wedding plus three christenings on Saturday! :0

In addition I've just heard that Aer John is coming home tomorrow and we all know what that means - laundry!! :(
Virgin Atlantic