A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#897879 by buns
06 Mar 2015, 19:28
Long time V Flyer, iforres1 who now lives a hard life in Dubai :w will be visiting the UK next month and thought it would be a nice opportunity to meet up with V flyers old and new for a drink and a chat - there not being that much opportunity for him to get the latest tips and pointers face to face over a pint or two.

With that in mind, I thought it would be nice to set up an impromptu Social on Friday 17 April.

Iain (that is his real name for those who have not met him) will be staying in the Docklands / Canary Wharf area of London so it does seem sensible to locate that side of town.

No venue arranged as yet, but depending on numbers, we can book a private area somewhere. Probably an early evening start, but for those who have been to previous Socials, this should not be a guide as to a finish time ):

So, let us know if you would like to join us

Thanks for reading

buns

Edit to include possible attendees:
buns
Mrs buns
Nottingham Nick
mrs Nick
iforres1
CHill710
mitcha
Blacky1
ratechaser
slinky09
Concorde RIP
tontybeartt
Rugger Mad
Sealink
Mr Bear 99
Mrs Bear 99
Joeyc
Decker
Last edited by buns on 31 Mar 2015, 19:58, edited 7 times in total. Reason: Attendees added
#897906 by hiljil
06 Mar 2015, 22:16
tontybear wrote:*alerts liver*

Tbh I'm not sure it ever recovered from Bruxelles and a certain lady pole dancing !!!

Was she a v-flyer ?!'
#897915 by honey lamb
06 Mar 2015, 23:18
hiljil wrote:

Tbh I'm not sure it ever recovered from Bruxelles and a certain lady pole dancing !!!

Was she a v-flyer ?!'

Tonty! Don't answer that! What happens in Brussels, stays in Brussels!! :w
#897916 by Sealink
06 Mar 2015, 23:19
honey lamb wrote:
hiljil wrote:

Was she a v-flyer ?!'

Don't tell 'im Pike!
#897920 by ratechaser
07 Mar 2015, 01:21
Hmm, well if in Canary wharf I may be able to pop in for an early evening swifty after work... That said, always hard to find a pub really worth drinking in, unless you go for Davys or maybe the Gun (not that I'm 'leading the witness' here...)

Bit ironic really given I'm just about done with flying Virgin for the foreseeable future, but maybe I can get some tips from Iain on how to lure my cherubs out of the Atlantis water park when we visit Dubai in May (as the novelty of skiing in the mall of the emirates wasn't enough last time).
#897922 by iforres1
07 Mar 2015, 07:36
Mr Buns, you are a star. It is a short stop over in London for 3 nights, we fly LHR-DXB on the Saturday night so plenty of time to recover :-). Will be great to meet old and new v-flyers if they are available. See everyone then.
Iain
oh HL I have photos of that pole dance as well !!!!!
#897923 by hiljil
07 Mar 2015, 07:45
iforres1 wrote:Mr Buns, you are a star. It is a short stop over in London for 3 nights, we fly LHR-DXB on the Saturday night so plenty of time to recover :-). Will be great to meet old and new v-flyers if they are available. See everyone then.
Iain

:0 You are not implying that HL was the pole dancer are you ?!!!!! :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0
#897924 by slinky09
07 Mar 2015, 07:57
Sounds fun, although Canary Wharf = terrible from SW London! Will try to make it though!
#897937 by buns
07 Mar 2015, 10:39
iforres1 wrote:Mr Buns, you are a star. It is a short stop over in London for 3 nights, we fly LHR-DXB on the Saturday night so plenty of time to recover :-). Will be great to meet old and new v-flyers if they are available. See everyone then.
Iain

:| :|

Thanks for all the replies y)

I will update the original post with those indicating they can make it and will do a recce in the next couple of weeks to find a suitable venue.

buns
#897952 by buns
07 Mar 2015, 13:02
Thanks for the suggestions Concorde, name added and really looking forward to finally meeting you :D

Tonty, name added (but remember to leave the photos at home ): ) y) y)

buns
#898028 by Jacki
08 Mar 2015, 10:40
honey lamb wrote:
hiljil wrote:

Was she a v-flyer ?!'

Wot Honey lamb says but louder! :0
#898030 by hiljil
08 Mar 2015, 11:06
Goodness , Jacki . Not another candidate for us to to consider !? :0
#898071 by Jacki
08 Mar 2015, 20:24
I can't be charged with the pole dancing incident, but Brussels was the destination for my first V-Flyer social and my first experience of the Pete and Buns Eurostar Cocktail Bar. I don't remember much after Ashford! :0
#898093 by tontybear
09 Mar 2015, 00:20
hiljil wrote:Goodness , Jacki . Not another candidate for us to to consider !? :0

I have pictures of Jackie from that day too,

Now would I make more money showing or not showing the pics???
#898094 by tontybear
09 Mar 2015, 00:22
Jacki wrote:I can't be charged with the pole dancing incident, but Brussels was the destination for my first V-Flyer social and my first experience of the Pete and Buns Eurostar Cocktail Bar. I don't remember much after Ashford! :0

It was my first one too!

Oh Ashford was funny for various reasons. I blame people !
#898104 by honey lamb
09 Mar 2015, 09:50
tontybear wrote:
Jacki wrote:I can't be charged with the pole dancing incident, but Brussels was the destination for my first V-Flyer social and my first experience of the Pete and Buns Eurostar Cocktail Bar. I don't remember much after Ashford! :0

It was my first one too!

Oh Ashford was funny for various reasons. I blame people !

Now, now, tonty! You can't blame V-Flyers for the fact that Eurostar put the train on the wrong track and we had to return to Ashford to pick up passengers.......

.......can you? ): ):
Virgin Atlantic