This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#960450 by nickellis13
17 Nov 2022, 15:48
Hi all,

first time poster so apologies if this has been covered before. I also have a two-fold question.

I'm booked LHR-ANU-LHR for early April 2023 on honeymoon. I originally booked economy reward seats return, and then upgraded to upper for the outbound journey. There was no premium or upper availability Tio upgrade to for the return leg.

Do Virgin ever release additional reward seats closer to the flight? (its not fully booked in any class currently) or is it one tranche of rewards seats and that's the lot?

Second Q is, I've got a CC voucher that I didn't realise I had at the time of booking, or upgrading. Can I use this to upgrade both seats should further reward availability become available. I understand it would be one class upgrade only, but is that for one seat or two seats?

Thanks in advance.
Nick
#960454 by dmc
18 Nov 2022, 10:55
Hi Nick,

They do release reward seats later as well, and there's no way to predict when - so keep checking regularly would be my advice. They are generally in higher demand on the return legs since they are overnight flights.

Sometimes they will release additional reward seats in the last few days before the flight itself if they haven't been sold, so if you haven't been able to upgrade by then, keep checking during the last few days of your trip.

For the CC voucher, it's for a return flight (two legs) but I haven't tried splitting one voucher across two seats before so I'm not sure whether this would be allowed; best to ask Flying Club whether this is possible.

David.
#960455 by Louie84x
18 Nov 2022, 11:29
I have noticed some extra reward seats being added on a couple of routes I follow. Do you have a seatspy subscription? It might be worth signing up for the £30odd and then you can set an alert for the dates/routes you are waiting for.

Yes you would be able to use your CC voucher to upgrade both seats to PE, it covers 2 legs so either one person round trip or 2 people one way
#960456 by mikethe3rd
18 Nov 2022, 13:46
Yeah, use seatspy. It would be £30 for the year btw, so you could just have a monthly membership and cancel if/when your flights are available.

What date are you flying back and we can check the loads for you?
#960458 by nickellis13
18 Nov 2022, 14:12
mikethe3rd wrote:Yeah, use seatspy. It would be £30 for the year btw, so you could just have a monthly membership and cancel if/when your flights are available.

What date are you flying back and we can check the loads for you?
Thanks, return flight is 13th April '23. When I check by checking for paid seats there are spaces in all cabins. So will keep checking to see if they release any further reward seats.

Louie84x wrote:Yes you would be able to use your CC voucher to upgrade both seats to PE, it covers 2 legs so either one person round trip or 2 people one way
Again, thanks for this, I thought I'd be able to do two seats on one leg.
#960463 by nickellis13
18 Nov 2022, 21:43
mikethe3rd wrote:J7 C0 D0 I0 Z0.

I doubt more UC reward will open on that. Maybe a seat in the week leading up.

W9 S9 H0 K0.

You may get lucky with premium.

Thinking my best chance might be bid for an upgrade then.
#960464 by CommanderB
19 Nov 2022, 00:38
Remember to ask at the airport on the day.

VS is usually pretty good at allowing points/cash upgrades on the day if there are free seats in the relevant cabin.
#960510 by ColOrd
26 Nov 2022, 22:31
Ive just posted this in here as it’s not worth starting a new thread for.

Not sure if it’s a perm change or a Black Friday offer (I don’t think it is) but reward redemptions in Upper to the US seem to have gone down to £899 from £999.
#960511 by Ruby The Terrier
26 Nov 2022, 23:38
Hi Nick

Just some clarification for you.

If you have a CC upgrade voucher you can upgrade from economy to UC, it is not limited to a one class upgrade.

There needs to be UC availability and you will be charged the rate for a PE upgrade.

There does not need to be PE availability as well as UC.

You can upgrade two people for one way or one person for a return flight.

Obviously a one class upgrade would be ‘free’ (other than for tax and surcharges).
Virgin Atlantic