This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#960787 by Louie84x
05 Feb 2023, 16:53
Hi!

We managed to get to silver status this year, which means we could use the Companion voucher in upper (without paying 50% of the miles) We usually just use it as to upgrade the outbound to UC and return in PE

I am not expecting to retain silver tho, so when using the Companion voucher is it based on your status when you book or when you actually fly? Thinking we could book before our status resets but not fly. Been scouring the Virgin website and struggling to find reference to it. Thanks for any help!
#960790 by Lindsk
05 Feb 2023, 21:46
mikethe3rd wrote:Yes, it’s status when booking.

Remember that you now earn tier points for reward bookings. This booking would earn you 150 each. You now need 400 to retain silver.

Sorry to jump onto this thread, but I’m interested in earning tier points on a reward booking. We flew LHR-IAD in Sept 22 on 2x reward flights in UC and neither of us received tier points.
we hit gold on Dec and our accounts reset, so that’s fine, but I’m looking to book 2x reward UC flights for this Dec so I want to make sure I’m clear on whether we should earn them next time
#960791 by mitchja
05 Feb 2023, 22:51
Yes, all VS reward flight bookings in all cabins now earn tier points, here's my most recent return Upper Class reward G flight details from my FC account. Any paper boarding passes will say 'NO FF CREDIT' on it but ignore that.

28 December 2022 Virgin Atlantic Airways, MAN - ATL, Upper Class Mileage 0 Tier Points 100
04 January 2023 Virgin Atlantic Airways, JFK - LHR, Upper Class Mileage 0 Tier Points 100

It's only when flying VS though; reward flights on partner or code share airlines don't earn anything.

You should still be able to add past flights yourself using the full website link 'Claim Missing Virgin Points' directly under your account activity table after logging into your account. You will need the ticket number of the missing flights.

I had to do that as my reward flights didn't credit to my FC account automatically.
#960793 by Louie84x
05 Feb 2023, 23:03
mikethe3rd wrote:Yes, it’s status when booking.

Remember that you now earn tier points for reward bookings. This booking would earn you 150 each. You now need 400 to retain silver.

Thank you, sadly I don’t think we’ll get enough flights in before October to earn enough this time but hoping to at least get one (maybe two..) booked with a Companion voucher before it rests back to red!
#960794 by Lindsk
06 Feb 2023, 16:00
mitchja wrote:Yes, all VS reward flight bookings in all cabins now earn tier points, here's my most recent return Upper Class reward G flight details from my FC account. Any paper boarding passes will say 'NO FF CREDIT' on it but ignore that.

28 December 2022 Virgin Atlantic Airways, MAN - ATL, Upper Class Mileage 0 Tier Points 100
04 January 2023 Virgin Atlantic Airways, JFK - LHR, Upper Class Mileage 0 Tier Points 100

It's only when flying VS though; reward flights on partner or code share airlines don't earn anything.

You should still be able to add past flights yourself using the full website link 'Claim Missing Virgin Points' directly under your account activity table after logging into your account. You will need the ticket number of the missing flights.

I had to do that as my reward flights didn't credit to my FC account automatically.

Thank you, I’ll put in a claim. Good to know ahead of our next rewards.
Virgin Atlantic