This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#960824 by cheesebag
09 Feb 2023, 12:47
Hi! , anybody in the know with regards to how the AUS flights are going? Got 500000 points to burn and thinking of a trip early next year. Don't want to book on a route likely to disappear! Fancy something a bit different! :-D
#960827 by CommanderB
09 Feb 2023, 13:52
I took the second flight on that route from LHR.

Crew said the uptake had been good. Apparently, it's strategically important for DL. BA and Lufthansa have a slot there at about the same time as VS. BA (A350) flight was full and Lufthansa (A330) looked super busy.

I expect it'll stick around. Lots of tech companies are moving to Austin so there should be lots of crossover with people who used to fly SFO.

Of course, nobody knows for sure except the revenue team, but I reckon it's here to stay.
#960830 by mikethe3rd
09 Feb 2023, 15:47
It’s hard to find a day where there isn’t reward availability. You can still get UC reward in the lead up to the F1 weekend - that seems crazy.

Looking at the next flight out, VS is J9 W7 Y9. BA J9 W9 Y9. Of course, that doesn’t indicate actual loads.

We went last year and it’s a fun city for a couple of nights. Not sure I’d ever bother going back as a leisure traveller. So the route is only serving tech and pax who have exhausted the tier 1 cities… that’s a bit too niche for survival IMHO.
#960832 by cheesebag
09 Feb 2023, 16:52
Just thinking of somewhere different... usually rack up enough miles for 4 x upper returns a year either with VS or BA (AMEX) and have done the JFK/SFO/LAX/MCO trips.
Virgin Atlantic