This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#960931 by scruickshank
18 Feb 2023, 13:14
Hi All, bear with me if this has been covered before but i'm getting a bit disheartened by me constantly parting with money to VS thinking that the terms and conditions / rules are one thing only to find out after they have my cash that I am not eligible for this and that afterwards. In short, I read over a year ago about VS being the only airline to offer TP's for reward flights where you actually get the miles / TP's for the cabin you sit in. Last October, I upgraded the whole family at reasonable cost from MIA - LHR only to find out that it only applies to Reward Seats bought at the onset and not upgrades. There appears to be NOTHING in the FC terms and conditions that shows anything about this on the website. I then flew CPT-LHR back in Nov and upgraded with CASH at the airport which put me in an "I" class and I did the usual call afterwards to FC to get my increased miles only to now be told that cash upgrades at the airport DO NOT qualify for extra tier points or miles? Please can someone enlighten me? Thank. S
Last edited by scruickshank on 18 Feb 2023, 13:37, edited 1 time in total.
#960935 by mitchja
18 Feb 2023, 13:36
Regarding reward flights - you only earn tier points for VS reward fights (and these must also be on VS metal). You don't earn Virgin points for any reward flights.

What fare type did you original book for the MIA>LHR flight before doing any upgrades? Was is cash or points?

Same question for the LHR>CPT flights. What fare type did you originally book?