This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#961212 by Kraken
30 Mar 2023, 19:44
Have got GE until the end of the year - but have just triggered off the renewal process as I've read the wheels can grind a little slow - notably on the USA side.

Have paid my £42 to UK Border for the background check which I fully expect to come back quickly - never missed a payment / had a parking ticket etc.

The interesting bit will be the US side. Have got a trip to Florida in mid-June, so am guessing an interview on arrival or when in Florida is unlikely. Do they still do Teams calls for interviews or will I need to do a quick hop to NYC (or similar short East-Coast route) for interview? I got lucky with original Global ENtry as they had an enrolment centre in the US Embassy in London, so it was just a day out.
#961213 by Gavin
30 Mar 2023, 20:00
I did my renewal on the 14th of this month it came back approved in 72h with no interview needed, this was my second renewal with no interview needed.
#961214 by tontybear
31 Mar 2023, 05:36
I did my renewal in February and not a peep about approval it’s still pending!

My UK check came back in 24 hours.

A lot of people don’t require another interview on renewal so it may not even be necessary.

And if they want new photo / finger prints they can do that any time you enter the US.

Like you I had my interview at the Nine Elms Borg Cube. All very efficient and had a lovely agent doing the processing. Approval email arrived even before I’d left the building!
#961216 by CommanderB
31 Mar 2023, 07:05
The vast majority don’t require a second interview. I think it gets triggered on major changes to your record like name changes, anything criminal or travel to a country the DHS considers a risk.

So hopefully it’ll come back approved and you won’t have to do anything!
#961218 by Gavin
31 Mar 2023, 10:02
It seems apps either take a few days or months, no real way of knowing. I was surprised I got renewed with no interview this time as I had the X on my print out earlier this month in JFK and had to see an agent, he had no idea why but redid my finger prints etc.

Hopefully all will be ok when I use it in MCO in 2 weeks
#961219 by Kraken
31 Mar 2023, 10:10
I got UK Border Force approval in under 3hrs. Have done the US side of renewal & paid my $100 fee - will see how long it takes.
#961229 by Kraken
01 Apr 2023, 11:47
Update... GE renewal approved. This has got to be a record - UK Border Force check approved in about 3hrs & the USA side of things done in about 24hrs.
All good through late December 2028 - as they add on the remaining time on your current Global Entry. Expiry date is always the day after your birthday.
#961230 by Lindsk
01 Apr 2023, 12:25
Kraken wrote:Update... GE renewal approved. This has got to be a record - UK Border Force check approved in about 3hrs & the USA side of things done in about 24hrs.
All good through late December 2028 - as they add on the remaining time on your current Global Entry. Expiry date is always the day after your birthday.

This is good to know, thanks. I’ll need to renew my GE after our May trip. Hopefully it’s as smooth as your renewal (I’ve not committed any misdemeanours to scupper it - that I know of)
#961348 by Smid
19 Apr 2023, 13:22
A data point for me, post covid. Ours expired May last year, we had travelled to the US twice post-covid, once Vegas Christmas 21, and once SFO Easter 22. We did our renewal application in January, and were left outstanding with interviews.

Only real chance of getting one was when going to SFO, there wasn't one bookable for six months. Nothing for video interviews.

They said they'd extend normal usage for two years anyway, so weren't bothered about booking future, just left it to settle down and work out on any future trips. August and December 22 trips fell through.

January 23, and I get a note through saying approved without interview.

Other half was worried, but a month later hers came through as well. So nothing to worry about.

We had both changed passports, and set the new passport when GE was valid.

All in all, even if only go 2-3 times in next five years, definitely worth it.
#961351 by flyingfox
19 Apr 2023, 14:04
Not sure when the US expanded its Interview on Arrival options but you can now have your GE interview at multiple locations outside the US ( Pre Clearance facilities) including Dublin;

Aruba
Aruba Queen Beatrix International Airport (AUA)
Hours of Operation: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Bermuda
L.F. Wade International Airport (XKF)
3 Cahow Way
St. George's, Bermuda
Hours of Operation: 6:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Canada
Calgary International Airport (YYC)
2000 Airport Road NE
Calgary, Alberta T2E 6Z8, Canada
Hours of Operation: 4:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Edmonton International Airport (YEG)
Edmonton, Alberta T9E 0V3, Canada
Hours of Operation: 4:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Halifax Stanfield International Airport (YHZ)
1 Bell Boulevard
Enfield, Nova Scotia NS B2T 1K2, Canada
Hours of Operation: 5:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Montréal-Pierre Elliot Trudeau International Airport (YUL)
North Dorval, QC, H4Y 1H1
Hours of Operation: 4:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Ottawa Macdonald–Cartier International Airport (YOW)
1000 Airport Parkway Private
Ottawa, Ontario K1V 9B4, Canada
Hours of Operation: 4:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport (YWG)
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3H 1C2, Canada
Hours of Operation: 5:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Toronto Lester B. Pearson International Airport (YYZ)
Matlon, Ontario L5P 1A2, Canada
Hours of Operation: 4:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Contact Information: (905) 676-2606 ext. 244
Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
Hours of Operation: 4:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Contact Information: (604) 666-4598

Ireland
Dublin International Airport (IDW)
Hours of Operation: 8:00a.m. - 4:00p.m. (Sunday - Saturday)
Shannon International Airport (INN)
Hours of Operation: During international departures

The Bahamas
Lynden Pindling Nassau International Airport (NAS)
Hours of Operation: During international departures

United Arab Emirates
Abu Dhabi International Airport (AUH)
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Hours of Operation: During international flight processing

Official link
#961585 by Mr G
16 May 2023, 19:36
Just an updated data entry point for anyone thinking of renewing/going through their GE renewal. I'm not necessarily going to go through what's required at each stage, as of course that's been covered elsewhere, but thought the timeline might be useful for people to be mindful of.

For reference, I'd had a previous enrolment, BUT my enrolment/membership had definitely lapsed, and by more than a year. It lapsed approx September 2021 (from memory) after an initial enrolment approx December 2015.

09/05/23 - VERY late in the evening, I started the renewal process via the UK government website.
11/05/23 - Woke up to an email containing my UK access code.
11/05/23 - Late on in the day finished updating my TTP/GE which had lots of the info already filled in. ie, even with a lapsed membership, they'd kept most of my details, so I DEFINITELY wasn't starting from scratch... Phew! More a case of updating employment/home addresses/countries visited etc since my applications had lapsed/last 5 years info.
13/05/23 - Woke up to an email saying my TTP status had changed.
13/05/23 - Checked and I'd been FULLY approved and re-enrolled. ie, no need for another interview.

Now, of course that's not to say there won't be an issue the first time I need to use it in a month or so, but I thought it was so strange given the stories of backlogs and delays that even with a lapsed membership I was re-approved in just a few days.

Moral of the story, (from my perspective) if your GE membership has lapsed; don't leave it too long and you might find they have your info for just long enough for it to not seem too daunting a task to complete. I've actually been to the USA a couple of times without GE since it had lapsed, and boy do you notice the difference it makes. If I'd have known just how quick it was going to be, I'd have got on with it months ago!

Hope that's of some use to someone. Feel free to DM me if you have any specific questions.

Mr G
#961592 by territt
18 May 2023, 10:04
tontybear wrote:Like you I had my interview at the Nine Elms Borg Cube. All very efficient and had a lovely agent doing the processing. Approval email arrived even before I’d left the building!

Do they still do this? just about to apply, got my uk check done today and would be handy to get all sorted before i travel to the US.
#961597 by CommanderB
18 May 2023, 11:08
territt wrote:
tontybear wrote:Like you I had my interview at the Nine Elms Borg Cube. All very efficient and had a lovely agent doing the processing. Approval email arrived even before I’d left the building!

Do they still do this? just about to apply, got my uk check done today and would be handy to get all sorted before i travel to the US.

Where they do interviews outside the US depends on their current staff deployments. Log into your GE account and try to schedule an interview, you'll get the current list of everywhere it can be done. If the London Embassy is available, it'll show in the list.
Virgin Atlantic