This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#961427 by moodyblue
01 May 2023, 15:16
I want to book reward seats for my daughter and family including a child with ADHD. Clearly the child has some issue with crowds so in order to reduce the stress I thought it would be sensible to book Economy Delight seating for the extra room and priority boarding. Unfortunatley I can see no way of doing this with points. I wondered if anyone could offer advice or confirm if this will be possible and if so how to go about it?
Thanks so much.
#961429 by dmc
01 May 2023, 18:20
Unfortunately all Economy reward seats are only available in Economy Classic, I believe.

You could take a look at the current reward deals page and see if you can find something suitable in Premium Economy for your dates/destination - in some cases the points required are similar to standard economy rewards:

https://flights.virginatlantic.com/en-g ... ight-deals

The only other way I can think of is to make a "Points plus money" booking, which you can use for Economy Delight and reduce the cash price with points (though it's not the best value in terms of points per £, in my opinion).
#961450 by moodyblue
03 May 2023, 06:27
Thanks for the advice. At present I'm waiting for Special Assistance at Virgin to get back to me to see if they can help.
#961453 by dmc
03 May 2023, 13:32
moodyblue wrote:Thanks for the advice. At present I'm waiting for Special Assistance at Virgin to get back to me to see if they can help.

Fingers crossed they come up with something for you - hopefully priority boarding at least.
#961457 by moodyblue
03 May 2023, 17:48
That would be good wouldn't it. I had an email telling me they will contact me a couple of days before the flight, unfortunately that ignores his stress now caused by not knowing what will happen. I think there is an option for Specizl Ass in the telephone menu so if I don't receive a reply shortly ill try phoning.
Thanks for the good wishes.
Virgin Atlantic