This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#961458 by SausageRoll
03 May 2023, 19:38
Hi everyone,
Apologies for what sounds like an obvious question, but I’ve done a Google and have not entirely found a credible answer.

I got a VA CC in August last year; by January 2023, I received my first reward voucher; this can be seen on the “my activity” page of the flying club website.

I understand that I can only earn one voucher for every year I have had my credit card, regardless of how much I spend; this is easy enough to understand.

My question is, what's the latest I can wait before claiming the voucher, i.e. what's the latest I can use it to upgrade etc.?

Secondly, can you have concurrent vouchers? E.g. if I spend another £10k by October 2023, does this mean I’d have one voucher that expires in January 2025 and another in October 2025 (for example)?

Thanks for your help
#961459 by CommanderB
03 May 2023, 22:55
From the Ts&Cs:

You can spend your reward for up to 24 months from the date it’s issued. That means you have to have booked your flights and taken the outbound flight within those 24 months. You can take the return journey afterwards.

You can also have multiple vouchers stacked with different expiry dates. That can be the credit card voucher, the 2000TPs voucher and the Gold Companion because they all work basically the same way. If you spend £10k on the CC and then earn another one before spending the one from your previous year, they just sit there until expiry.

For anyone searching about vouchers… the CC reward voucher and the 2000TP voucher is identical in terms of how it can be used.
#961460 by Bluebear
04 May 2023, 10:01
Its also worth noting that your CC spend does not roll over into the next year - ( At least it didn't for me this time!) It, in effect, resets to zero on your anniversary and you have to then spend £10K from that point to get another voucher.