This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#961591 by ryosan
18 May 2023, 07:03
Stayed there in 2016 and I have to say I had the polar opposite experience to this review. I found the staff plentiful and attentive, very flexible on keeping food for later if I didn't feel like eating at the set times. The food was incredibly varied and a high standard throughout and most of the other facilities were absolutely on point and not broke down or anything like that. Certainly wasn't loud music 24/7. I was staying there before they had an app, so I can't comment on that, although I was given a number to call (there is wifi throughout the whole island) in case I needed anything. The bars were introduced as self serve or "call the staff" if needed.

Maybe things have changed a lot (for the worse?), although to be fair (flicking through some other articles on the site, particularly the ones about Japan) this author doesn't come across as particularly pleasant or easy to please either. Maybe I'm not blue blooded enough ;-)
#961596 by CommanderB
18 May 2023, 11:06
The vibe I got from that article is that this guy only writes negative reviews. He comes across as a "nothing is ever enough for my rich tastes".
#961602 by RyanJW
21 May 2023, 01:51
I remember the Necker Island TV Doc - if only for the gap year staff vibe and the girl who volunteered to be a sushi table and serving guests sushi on her tummy. Even then it came across a bit of a party vibe.
Virgin Atlantic