This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#960977 by flyingfox
25 Feb 2023, 12:43
VS have updated their website to reflect that the Clubhouse in San Francisco is currently closed and the clubhouses in , Washington DC,Johannesburgand Boston are temporarily closed from the 28th February.
#960978 by Kraken
25 Feb 2023, 12:59
So there is zero change of the Manchester Clubhouse opening before my trip in June then!
I was under the impression that the Manchester Clubhouse was at a good state of completion before the pandemic hit. We can live in hope that it will open sometime in the future.
#960979 by mitchja
25 Feb 2023, 13:02
Sure I read somewhere that the SFO CH is closing for refurbishment; no idea about the others though?

I would guess VS will be using the AF lounge downstairs at SFO instead?
#960980 by flyingfox
25 Feb 2023, 13:23
mitchja wrote:Sure I read somewhere that the SFO CH is closing for refurbishment; no idea about the others though?

I think Sodexo are taking over the running of the overseas clubhouses from PPG, Sodexo are advertising for a manager at the SFO Clubhouse and chefs at Boston and IAD.

There is now a note on the PPG website re the JFK Clubhousebeing “owned and managed by a third party”.
Last edited by flyingfox on 25 Feb 2023, 18:16, edited 1 time in total.
#960984 by flyingfox
25 Feb 2023, 18:02
mitchja wrote:
I would guess VS will be using the AF lounge downstairs at SFO instead?

Appears from the Sky Team Websitethat the AF and Delta lounges @SFO are also temporarily closed (AF Lounge at BOS also closed).Makes me wonder if they are combining them all into one SkyTeam Lounge.
#960986 by flyingfox
25 Feb 2023, 19:52
Delta have published details on a refurbishment programme in summary;

JFK-T4A – As part of Delta’s terminal move from T2 to T4, Delta will open a near-14,000-square-foot Club on T4, with planned seating for over 200 guests. A Delta Sky Club Express location will operate on T4 starting in January 2023 until the new lounge opens its doors. June 2023.

BOS-E – The new lounge in Boston Logan International’s E Concourse will add nearly 21,000 square feet of premium space to Delta’s lounge portfolio, with planned seating for over 400 guests. The Club will replace the temporary Delta Sky Club Express location currently in use while the lounge is being built. Late Summer 2023.

MIA – Following expansion of the lounge at Miami International Airport, the Club will measure over 12,000 square feet with planned seating for 320 guests. Dec. 2023.

ATL-E – After renovation of Hartsfield-Jackson International’s E Concourse Club, the lounge will measure over 18,000 square feet and hold 353 guests. The renovated Club will include self-serve check-in kiosks and a full-service food and beverage station for guests Winter 2023.
Looks likeSodexo also run Delta Sky Clubs.
#960995 by AlphaEcho
26 Feb 2023, 17:17
The Fly with Virgin Atlantic website has the following up for the SFO Clubhouse:
We’re sorry to advise that our San Francisco Clubhouse is temporarily closed. Whilst we appreciate this must be disappointing, an alternative lounge has been arranged for your use. Please accept our sincere apologies for any disappointment or inconvenience caused. Our Clubhouse team look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Doesn't state what the alternative is though.
#960996 by flyingfox
26 Feb 2023, 17:56
AlphaEcho wrote:The Fly with Virgin Atlantic website has the following up for the SFO Clubhouse:
We’re sorry to advise that our San Francisco Clubhouse is temporarily closed. Whilst we appreciate this must be disappointing, an alternative lounge has been arranged for your use. Please accept our sincere apologies for any disappointment or inconvenience caused. Our Clubhouse team look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Doesn't state what the alternative is though.

Best guess they will use the other SkyTeam Lounge (China Airlines Dynasty Lounge). There are a few others like the Emirates and JAL but not sure if they are an option, I’ve reached out to VS and awaiting a response as I have a flight in April.
#960997 by AlphaEcho
26 Feb 2023, 19:26
flyingfox wrote:Best guess they will use the other SkyTeam Lounge (China Airlines Dynasty Lounge). There are a few others like the Emirates and JAL but not sure if they are an option, I’ve reached out to VS and awaiting a response as I have a flight in April.

Be interesting to see what lounge or indeed how long the Virgin lounge will be closed for, I have a flight out of SFO in May so hopefully whatever their doing wont take too long and we may both be OK.
#961003 by flyingfox
27 Feb 2023, 13:52
Virgin have now confirmed Sodexo is the new operator and the clubhouses will reopen once “behind the scenes “ changes have been made

Washington DC

The Clubhouse will close from 1st – 3rd March. Customers can use the Turkish Airlines Lounge during the closure.

Johannesburg

The Clubhouse will close from 1st – 13th March. Customers can use the SLOW lounge during the closure.

San Francisco

The Clubhouse will close from 1st – 25th March. Customers can use the China Airlines Lounge during the closure.

Boston

The Clubhouse will close from 1st March – 14th April. Customers can use the Delta Sky Club Express during the closure.

The New York JFK Clubhouse is operating as normal.

Details from an article published on HeadForPoints can be read here.
#961537 by territt
12 May 2023, 10:09
jimbowimbo wrote:Does anyone have any insights to the BOS lounge reopening? Will be there 2nd week of June again and I can’t stand the interim replacement!

I was told by the lady running the JFK lounge that the Boston one is moving, which i hope is true, the current lounge without windows is crap.
#961542 by CommanderB
12 May 2023, 17:41
SFO Clubhouse is now open again with a new menu in place too.

Some of the items on the menu:

Clam chowder in a bread bowl.
Vietnamese vegetable roll.
Cauliflower couscous salad.
Eton Mess.
#961560 by RyanJW
14 May 2023, 21:57
CommanderB wrote:SFO Clubhouse is now open again with a new menu in place too.

Eton Mess.

Nice! Did you get a picture of the menu by chance?

That's my 'local' clubhouse so I'm pleased they are getting hot food back. I was there at the start of April and it was really nice to not have all the extra passengers from the Credit Cards/Priority Pass. It's really a small lounge for two flights a day when there is a cross over in passenger times. It has been so packed in the Plaza days.
#961562 by mitchja
15 May 2023, 08:51
I presume AF are still sending their La Première pax (First Class) to use the VS Clubhouse at SFO despite AF having they own lounge downstairs - that speaks volumes about the AF lounge!?!

They certainly were last time I flew home on the VS20 last year.
#961564 by matt.hibb
15 May 2023, 11:34
Slightly related. Recently flew home on the 74 and given its bizarrely late departure time at the minute, the Sky Club is closed before anyone would generally arrive. We were given $35 vouchers (plus 18% tip) per person to use in McCoys in the Hyatt.

Worked out great for us since we had 4 adults and 3 kids, so there was just a small top-up required for the bar bill. Got settled in a nice place in the bar area (voucher is redeemable in the restaurant and bar) and had a better time than we would have had in the rather sorry Sky Club.

1 word of warning though. We were told a VS representative would come and take us through security 1 hour before departure. Unfortunately nobody turned up and we have up waiting about 50 mins before departure. Luckily at that time there was literally nobody going through security and it was like our own private channel.
#961578 by dmc
16 May 2023, 01:15
RyanJW wrote:
CommanderB wrote:SFO Clubhouse is now open again with a new menu in place too.

Eton Mess.

Nice! Did you get a picture of the menu by chance?

Here are some screen captures from the menu at the SFO Clubhouse:

Small plates:
SFO Clubhouse small plates.jpg
SFO Clubhouse small plates.jpg (117.6 KiB) Viewed 7112 times

Large plates:
SFO Clubhouse large plates1.jpg
SFO Clubhouse large plates1.jpg (129.81 KiB) Viewed 7112 times

SFO Clubhouse large plates2.jpg
SFO Clubhouse large plates2.jpg (115.98 KiB) Viewed 7112 times
#961838 by jimbowimbo
27 Jun 2023, 06:58
Wasn’t when I was there 2 weeks ago. Did peer in through the glass and zero work or renovation has happened, so if it does reopen as is under Sodexho then there’s not going to be much change. I wonder if they’re waiting for the opening of the next section of Terminal E and relocating but I doubt it.
Also the delta express truly is awful, to the point a mouse ran through all the seating area at one point with the bar server actually running out past reception in fear :-D
#961839 by territt
27 Jun 2023, 09:59
jimbowimbo wrote:Did peer in through the glass and zero work or renovation has happened, so if it does reopen as is under Sodexho then there’s not going to be much change. I wonder if they’re waiting for the opening of the next section of Terminal E and relocating but I doubt it.

That would make sense, just before it closed the lady running the bar at JFK told me they was looking at another space for the boston clubhouse,

jimbowimbo wrote:Also the delta express truly is awful, to the point a mouse ran through all the seating area at one point with the bar server actually running out past reception in fear :-D

Thats a shame, guess next month I will stay in boston longer and have as little time at the airport as possible.
Virgin Atlantic