This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#961548 by mitchja
13 May 2023, 16:15
Had a minor panic today when viewing a DL booking using their app as the flight times where showing as been very different (~5 hours difference) for both the outbound and the inbound flights compared to when I made the booking.

When viewing the same booking via the DL website, the flight times are still the original ones. Make a new dummy booking and the same original flight departure times are showing on sale.

I've tried removing and re-adding the flight booking from the app but that made no difference.

I've checked with DL and they confirm the website shows the correct flight departure and arrival times. The agent I chatted with has raised this with their IT department but seems to think it was since the latest app update that now shows a refreshed view for bookings.

The VS app briefly showed VS bookings in the refreshed view as well a few weeks ago but they must have rolled that back as it's back to old view again now.
#961549 by Murraymint
13 May 2023, 16:48
I noticed some strange times in the VS App a couple of weeks ago as well. My TPA flight was showing a departure time 2 hours later than the actual departure time - I suspected the app was picking up my local time in Cyprus rather than the UK time because the return flight was showing a 7 hour difference to the actual US departure time. It’s fixed now though. So many strange things going on in VS IT just now - I haven’t been able to see my points history for weeks now, either in the app or website. I can see them in the Virgin Red App though.
#961550 by mitchja
13 May 2023, 17:28
I’ve not been able to view VS Flying Club transactions in the VS app now for well over 2 years now!

VS don’t seem to know why either …and just keeping telling me everything looks OK from their end! It’s been raised several times as well.

The website does show transactions correctly though as does the Virgin Red app.
#961552 by CommanderB
13 May 2023, 19:15
mitchja wrote:I’ve not been able to view VS Flying Club transactions in the VS app now for well over 2 years now!

VS don’t seem to know why either …and just keeping telling me everything looks OK from their end! It’s been raised several times as well.

The website does show transactions correctly though as does the Virgin Red app.

I find the VS app unreliable for viewing activity but it does work. Have you tried totally deleting the app and re-installing?

The VS backend does get the information for a transaction about 24 hours before it’ll show up in the feed. So often your points balance will be off during that period, but that’s a separate issue.
#961553 by mitchja
13 May 2023, 20:29
Thanks. I've tried deleting the app and re-downloading it (even re-booking my iPhone in-between). I may just delete and leave it at least 24hrs before re-downloading. See if that makes any difference!
#961554 by CommanderB
13 May 2023, 20:48
That’s strange. I reckon some data is being kept in memory on your phone and that’s stopping the activity feed working properly. Deleting and reinstalling should fix that sort of thing. If it was a VS app specific thing, all of us should see it happening. Very strange.
#961556 by mitchja
14 May 2023, 11:23
Another thing to watch out for when booking Delta. Having originally booked Comfort+both ways ATL>FLL, DL display upgrade banners on their app and website offering an upgrade to First Class for just $609 each way - no thank you :-O :-O

Ignore that and go through the flight change process as I've just got an upgrade to First Class coming back on a flight departing an hour earlier FLL>ATL for just $30 extra. There are no change fees. It's also an I fare as well so 40 VS tier points thank you very much :-D

I'll keep checking for the outbound leg as well via this change flight route.
#961559 by CommanderB
14 May 2023, 17:12
mitchja wrote:Another thing to watch out for when booking Delta. Having originally booked Comfort+both ways ATL>FLL, DL display upgrade banners on their app and website offering an upgrade to First Class for just $609 each way - no thank you :-O :-O

Ignore that and go through the flight change process as I've just got an upgrade to First Class coming back on a flight departing an hour earlier FLL>ATL for just $30 extra. There are no change fees. It's also an I fare as well so 40 VS tier points thank you very much :-D

I'll keep checking for the outbound leg as well via this change flight route.

Happy days! Enjoy :-)
#961598 by mitchja
18 May 2023, 11:39
I've worked out what's going on with the DL app now. My booking flight departure times in the app are all +5Hrs so the app is clearly screwed up with local time zones.

The VS is still not playing ball either. Re-downloaded the VS app after a few days and I still get the 'SkyMiles Data Error' when trying to view my Flying Club transactions.
Virgin Atlantic