This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#961611 by David
24 May 2023, 19:04
So, not really a VS question but a question for all visiting the US which I’m guessing is the vast majority of VS customers.

Without getting into the political side of things (God forbid you ever mention politics when your visiting the US) does anyone know the effects on UK visitors if the US debt ceiling isn’t raised.

Does the government shut down (closing the TSA), does the exchange rate increase, etc etc ?

Many thanks for any insights.

David
#961614 by catsilversword
25 May 2023, 09:54
Although I don’t know the answer to your specific question, I know the issue with debt ceiling seems to be a regular thing - certainly it’s happened a few times when we’ve been over, and there was talk of government departments closing down. Always seems to go to the wire and is then resolved….
#961615 by VS075
25 May 2023, 17:19
There’s also the potential for wider ramifications on the global economy if the US were to default. I’ll avoid going into the politics of what’s going on right now as there’s a lot of posturing and this isn’t the place for it, but I’m sure it’ll be sorted one way or another.