This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#961721 by David
08 Jun 2023, 19:11
So, small panic. One of the rearranged cancelled covid flights next week. Flying Wednesday 14th.

Hadn’t received any preorder email for food so went onto the app to get my locator number and the app is showing check in opens in 4 days.

This is the 8th - plus 4 days is the 12th - should it not be 5 days or can you now check in 48 hours before departure or is it a simple IT mess, or worse, could it be a mess with the flight dates ?

Anyone any thoughts ?

Thanks in advance

David
#961730 by Kraken
10 Jun 2023, 12:19
Sounds like another if the infamous VS IT glitches.

I fly on Monday (12th) also to MCO & it won't let me check-in online yet, states that check-in only opens at 14:15 tomorrow, i.e. exactly T-24hrs.

Interestingly, if I tried to attempt check-in online when signed into my flying club account, it failed. Put booking reference in & it would not accept any more than two characters for the departure airport (MAN) the page just auto-refreshed. Sign out of flying club and I can now enter Manchester - full word, not the IATA airport code - as my departure airport. I then get the "you're too early" message.

Let's wait another 27hrs or so - and hope I get a boarding pass issued (as no BP issue = SSSS). Quite why they do this never fails to amaze me, as you are telling someone they have been flagged up. But Uncle Sam is the country where you used to have those "Yes/No" questions on the I-94 landing card...
#961734 by mitchja
10 Jun 2023, 18:21
Kraken wrote:
Interestingly, if I tried to attempt check-in online when signed into my flying club account, it failed. Put booking reference in & it would not accept any more than two characters for the departure airport (MAN) the page just auto-refreshed. Sign out of flying club and I can now enter Manchester - full word, not the IATA airport code - as my departure airport.

That's an ongoing website bug as you also get the same with the booking engine as well sometimes when trying to enter airport codes. I've had that many times. The only option is either close the browser and start again or when booking you can select the airports manually if you click on 'Full Airport List'

I always find using the VS app is by far the easiest option for OLCI these days. VS have now also finally added Sky Priority banners to Apple Wallet boarding passes as well.
#961738 by Kraken
11 Jun 2023, 14:30
Have just tried to check in for tomorrow flight and I've clearly been SSSS'd as the system won't let me check in.

This is the most pointless system out there, as it actively alerts you to the fact you are in for a frisking at the gate. The SSSS should be hidden in the boarding pass barcode, so you only learn you're in for the frisking when the light goes red when they scan your boarding pass.
#961739 by mitchja
11 Jun 2023, 15:48
SSSS does normally still let you check-in online but it wont issue a mobile / PDF boarding pass.

Have you completed FlyReady by entering your passport details and submitting your US contact tracing form (which is still required for all US travel) via your online booking on the website?

Even though COVID vax certs and attestation are no longer required, FlyReady still requires your passport info and US contact tracing details.
#961740 by Kraken
11 Jun 2023, 16:39
I would complete FlyReady if the VS website would allow it. They already had my passport details from flying club, but the contact tracing form section just fails.

Have tried two browsers (Safari & Firefox) on Macbook & no joy. Safari on the iPad is the same too. Clearly the VS data centre must be running hot at present.
#961743 by mitchja
11 Jun 2023, 18:36
FireFox is about the only browser that seems to (currently) work OK wit the VS website. They have clearly done something!

I can no longer view anything in my FC account when using Safari on MacOS or iOS. I just get the 'Loading your Details' floating white box and that's it now. Firefox is now the only browsers I can get to work!
#961745 by David
11 Jun 2023, 21:58
Kraken wrote:I would complete FlyReady if the VS website would allow it. They already had my passport details from flying club, but the contact tracing form section just fails.

Have tried two browsers (Safari & Firefox) on Macbook & no joy. Safari on the iPad is the same too. Clearly the VS data centre must be running hot at present.

Hey James. Just messaged them on Twitter and it seems there is a problem but you can add the details at checkin at the airport. Enjoy Florida.

David
Virgin Atlantic