This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#961781 by DragonLady
17 Jun 2023, 10:53
For some months I have not been able to post on my ipad. I just get a weird reply . I now cannot log in on my ipad despite my user ID not changing in 17 years ( Dragonlady) and passwords that have been updated and never been problematic before .
I've tried re- setting my password etc through the links on the site but get a reply saying email not recognised so tried registering for a new account but got a reply saying my email is already in use ??
This is being written on a never used PC where the password has been saved ( but I can't view it).
Are any of the mods / admin team able to help please?
Many thanks,
Dragonlady
#961782 by mitchja
17 Jun 2023, 17:30
I cant suggest anything regarding the email or password sorry but have you tried deleting the history and cookies on your iPad's browser that you are using?

Which web browser are you using on the iPad? Is the iOS version up to date as well? I know this is stupidly obvious and I apologise in advance for saying this :blush: but have you tried turning it off and back on again? That does actually solve many issues on iOS devices and nobody turns anything off these days!

Another option could be to use a different web browser. They are all available via the app store.
#961783 by DragonLady
18 Jun 2023, 12:01
mitchja wrote:I cant suggest anything regarding the email or password sorry but have you tried deleting the history and cookies on your iPad's browser that you are using?

Which web browser are you using on the iPad? Is the iOS version up to date as well? I know this is stupidly obvious and I apologise in advance for saying this :blush: but have you tried turning it off and back on again? That does actually solve many issues on iOS devices and nobody turns anything off these days!

Another option could be to use a different web browser. They are all available via the app store.

James, with me there is no such thing as stupidly obvious :-D :-D Safari , all updates up to date . I turn my ipad ( and phone) off frequently ). Is there any way at all I can retrieve password as I can't even reset it on the pc ( it wont let me...). Grrrrrr
#961784 by CommanderB
18 Jun 2023, 13:00
Whatever device you’re posting on, retrieve the password from the keychain/stored passwords.

For chrome, this can be done in settings.

Safari on Mac, the passwords are in your keychain.

If you’re on iOS, settings > passwords > search the list for v-flyer and it’ll give you the stored login details.
#961785 by DragonLady
18 Jun 2023, 13:27
CommanderB wrote:Whatever device you’re posting on, retrieve the password from the keychain/stored passwords.

For chrome, this can be done in settings.

Safari on Mac, the passwords are in your keychain.

If you’re on iOS, settings > passwords > search the list for v-flyer and it’ll give you the stored login details.

Thanks Commander B -this was the first thing I did . I have put the stored password in manually and also using stored password but still get the 'You have specified an incorrect password....if you continue to have problems please contact the Board Administrator'
When I click the link for Board administrator I get to a forums @v-flyer email . I've sent two emails to this address but they bounce back ?? My only access is via a PC where the password is stored . I've tried to reset my password via the PC but it won't let me ....
Last edited by DragonLady on 18 Jun 2023, 13:30, edited 1 time in total.
#961788 by Pete
19 Jun 2023, 10:54
Would the easy thing to do be to change your password on the PC, then use that new password on the iPad/Mac?

Pete
#961795 by RLF
19 Jun 2023, 17:40
Hope. someone can sort this out, I have missed Dragonladys posts !

Also missed Honey Lamb and her travels - and adventures!
Virgin Atlantic